Tear Jerker: We Were Soldiers
- The taxi driver, delivering Death Notification letters to widows, stops at Colonel Moore's house to ask his wife for directions to another house. She initially thinks her husband has died, and is not pleased to find out why she just got the scare of her life.
Taxi Driver: (sheepishly) I-I don't like this job, Ma'am. I'm just trying to do it. (continues toward cab)
- Also, just before when Julie goes over to her neighbor's house to discover she had a cab driver come to her door who was NOT just asking for directions.
- As well as the montage of Julie and Barbara delivering the other letters to the wives.
- When Moore sifts through the diary of one of the slain NVA soldiers and finds a picture of the soldier's girlfriend inside.
- Jimmy Nakayama's excruciating burns by napalm and his plea to Joe to tell his family that he loved them.
- The sorrowful music played while Joe carries Jimmy to the helicopter and while he's taking pictures of the carnage.