Tearjerker: Video Game Championship Wrestling
Yes, even a wrestling show with video game characters produces some saddening moments.
- The 7th of March show was dedicated to Paul Bearer following his death, complete with an intro montage of his highlights. Wrestling fans in the chat were deeply moved by Bazza's tribute.
- Solid Snake's first and only Championship defense, in which he was mercilessly brutalized by Raphael whilst "Way to Fall" played in the background. This was made all the more harsher by the No-Holds-Barred Beatdown the Boss received earlier that night by the hands of Cammy.
- Mario's return, and his subsequent attempts to return Mr. L to normal.
- Badman Vegeta's transformation into Maijin!Vegeta, upon which he devastated Waluigi in Singles competition and proceeded to turn his back on and beat up Nappa. The chat room was crushed.
- Much like in the source material, Majin Vegeta throws off his mind control, and challenges Dracula. He loses, but decides to take Dracula to his end with him. What makes it even worse? Dracula survives.
- Fortunately, similar to the source material, Nappa has found some Dragon Ball locators from Bulma (after breaking her legs) and is going to attempt to bring Vegeta back from the dead. The only problem is he got quite a few spares — and he left them out in the open for Wario, Waluigi, Gaben, Jensen, Eggman, and Wily to get.
- The ending of the June 20th show: Bryn McMahon has been fooled by Carmen Sandiego and betrayed by Mavis Beacon and is dragged off by the cops. The final shot of the show is a small animation Bryn looking defeated as he is driven away while a somber remix of the credits song plays...until he escapes.
- The beginning of Zangief's utter shock that Ganondorf has broken their team, as well as having to accept that Ganondorf has no remorse for what he's done, and is now full-on evil.
- Protoman's death by the hands of Air Man and Knuckles. His demise actually causes Knuckles to feel tremendous guilt, and gets him to rethink his partnership with The Practice. Towards the end, he seems to be gathering his remains for a proper burial...or perhaps something else?
- During the January 14th match, Duke having to face Billy and Jimmy alone after Ganondorf refused a tag from him during an impromptu tag-team match orchestrated by Gabe. It doesn't help that Bazza put on Way To Fall as Duke got savagely brutalized in a handicap match.
- At End Game 6 Ganon, having just lost to Duke in their "I Quit" match, attacks Duke after the match is over. Guile then comes in to make the rescue and shakes hands with his friend and partner... Only to hit Duke with a powerbomb, to the shock of both Duke and the audience.
- Going off of that, the results of the 3-25-2014 Royal Rumble show that while Duke might keep trying to reconcile with Guile, Guile is having none of it. There hasn't been a breakup this bad since the disruption of Gerudo Skies.
- On the 15 April 2014 episode of VGCW: Both Charles Barkley and Luigi compete against each other in their final match as their VGCW contracts had expired. In an emotional match for both superstars, Charles Barkley pins Luigi in their final match in VGCW. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming when both men have their music play to a standing ovation from the chat after the match.
- Protoman's "I'll Ride Alone" promo at End Game 7. That poor bastard has had so much crap thrown his way during his VGCW career: the glitch bomb controversy, being murdered by Airman, and then being considered the underdog against Scorpion, despite being the champ. More than a few chatters were moved by that speech.
- 11 June 2014: Octodad heads to the ring..to be attacked by a robotiziced Zangief. Seeing Zangief being turned into a machine is heartwrenching, and his beatdown of Octodad makes it worse.
- 4 July 2014: The closing segment of Breakdown IV. With the threat from Shadow Peach now dealt with, Elizabeth tells Chie the time has come to part ways and informs her that she has made arrangements for a replacement before leaving on her mission to free Makoto from the Great Seal.
Elizabeth: Goodbye my friend (Disappears)
- 8 July 2014: After The Dragons lose to Mecha-Knuckles and Mecha-Zangief, The Dragons are assaulted by their cyborg opponents as well as The Practice. Just when it seemed like Dan was going to help out his allies, a roboticized Little Mac comes out and attacks Dan before he can even get to the ring.
- 22 July 2014: Barrett's shocked expression after finding Flint in the parking garage implying something terrible had happened to him the night he went missing. The fact that Barrett is talking to Flint off-camera doesn't help either as either Flint got roboticized or had something even worse happen to him.
- The strong implication that Nappa is now being roboticized by the Practice.
- 29 July 2014: It is confirmed that Nappa and Flint were indeed roboticized. And to make matters worse, Wario as well.
- It seemed even Dan was doomed to be one of the Practice's Robot Masters until the beatdown he received by Proto Man and Gray Fox enabled them to send him to Dr. Light in hopes of reversing the process.
- 19 August 2014: THE PRACTICE ROBOTICIZED CHIEF ARINO.
- Endgame 8: The events of the finale. General Manager Gabe Newell seems to have the robot master problem in the bag. The Practice's Robots are being fended off and Gabe easily made Metal Arino tap. However, after Wily intensely berates Arino for being weak, he absorbs the power of the remaining robots and becomes Super Metal Arino, and proceeds to brutalize Gabe. The Practice begs Gabe to run while Proto Man, who has been beaten up, ridiculed, and abandoned over the course of the season, casts his lot with Super Metal Arino while betraying Adam Jensen, turning his back on the people he fought for. Arino makes Gabe tap out numerous times thanks to 2Kuality before the match finally ends. Gaben is cornered and is incredibly afraid, however Dracula's warnings come true: Gaben becomes the nightmare and proceeds to beat the crap out of Super Metal Arino, defeating him. The credits roll on a poignant image of Nightmare Gabe's new frightening look as "Monster" by Imagine Dragons closes out Endgame and Season 8, with the future of the VGCW Universe completely uncertain.
- Dracula's final words to close out Season 8, after arriving too late to prevent Nightmare Gabe from awakening.
- Arino's latest update from the hospital has him admitting that his recovery period is taking longer than expected, and there is a possibility he won't be cleared to compete against Duke in the Great Tournament, either meaning he will forfeit or have someone take his place as Arino apologizes to the fans.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd's retirement. He says that he's done all there is to do in the company, having held singles and tag team championships, and decides to retire after one more match. The next week, Baz Mc Mahon sets up a Triple Threat match between the Nerd, Ganon, and Sonic, to mimic the match where he won the VGCW Championship. Sonic even comes out as (a replica of) the model he had at the time. After so long with the company, the Nerd loses his final match.
- Even after the fans wanted him gone, Gray Fox tried to launch a sneak attack on Nightmare Gabe. However Gabe sensed him...and made him an example to anyone who tried something similar.
- Even worse, Snake tries to come down the ring and help but is held back by Seifer and Raijin, who understandably want to keep Snake from getting killed as well. All Snake can do is stand helplessly as Nightmare Gabe murders Fox in front of him.
- The Purge in EDBW, where 15 old wrestlers were removed in order to make room for new talent and Star Road 2 refugees. A lot of these wrestlers were popular, so seeing them go wasn't easy.