The world of Total Drama
, and even scary
at times, but there's no doubt that there's gonna be some heartbreak
down the road. It's called Total Drama
for a reason.
- Gwen and Trent's plot in "Search and Do Not Destroy". Both of them were just so broken over the other.
- "Oh, My Izzy Mix" somehow manages to combine Tear Jerker, Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, and Crowning Moment of Funny due to the cutesy kid-style art, the constant kiwi-shots, and...well, just listen to the lyrics.
- Scruffy looked so sad when Harold accidentally squashed him.
- You gotta feel bad for Duncan, too. He really loved that spider.
- Tyler's fear of chickens was Played for Laughs, but the poor guy was CRYING on his way to the Boat of Losers. Made even worse in by how his teammates make fun of him, Chris enforces his fear by filling the boat with chickens, and Lindsay started forgetting his name! That must REALLY screw up a guy, psychologically.
- Alejandro's final fate in World Tour.
- The ENTIRE World Tour finale can be considered a tearjerker. Heather spent three seasons being the bad girl nobody likes, having to go to great lengths the entire third season just to get some RESPECT. And finally, after all this time, not only does Cody say she's the good guy in the finale, she defeats her nemesis Alejandro and wins the game, with people CHEERING FOR HER and wanting her to win for once! So after gaining lots of Character Development the entire season and becoming a Defrosting Ice Queen, the writers show how little they care about Heather fans, and possibly the show itself, by making her lose the money anyway. She already chose money over love and now she has NOTHING. And in the version where Alejandro wins, Heather loses by making a very simple mistake (throwing Al's doll in the volcano). The heartbreak in Heather's face when she realizes that she made it this far and beat Alejandro just to lose to him via technicality is absolutely heart wrenching. All of this culminates in a massively depressing Gainax Ending once the volcano erupts. And, just in case the writers didn't make their point, the last shot of the season shows Heather about to get smashed by a smoldering boulder This was such a Downer Ending it's hard to watch. Chris even jokes about everyone dying due to the volcano explosion, prompting a search for new contestants in season four.
- Mike's farewell to Zoey also counts, especially when he gave her a gold medal.
- Everyone knew Scott eventually had to get his comeuppence in TDRI. But did he have to lose most of his body along with the ability to move or speak? Especially cruel in that after explaining what happened to Scott, Chris exclaims "But who cares? It's Scott!" while everybody else LAUGHS. Scott sheds a Single Tear, because that's all he can do.
- He gets better in Total Drama Island All Stars, back to full health.
- However, he's absolutely terrified of sharks now, to the point that he mentally blanks out when Chris forces him to fight Fang. Not only is it hard to watch, but it's also Played for Laughs...
- For the first time in his life Mike is alone. His personalities are missing, he has no idea what's happening to his mind and it's terrifying him.
- Lightning, at the end of Cameron's version of the Rot I ending, after ineffectually trying to act unfazed, starts crying and apologizes to his father for losing. And this is after his father bet five championship rings on him. Imagine just how hurt he is.
- Now imagine how upset Lightning must be with his being second kicked off in All Stars.
- In 'Food Fright', Gwen is crying over the fact she can't make up with Courtney, admitting this is the only reason she returned to a show where she gets publicly and internationally humiliated plus risking life and limb more than once.
- Not to mention after all she went through to get back in Courtney's good graces, the A-Type reveals in the confessional in "Sundae, Muddy Sundae" that she doesn't plan on taking Gwen to the finale liked they promised one another. When Mal reveals Courtney's diagram and subsequent plot, Gwen's not only rightfully ticked off, but saddened that her efforts were ultimately fruitless.
- Courtney's guilt and apologies to Gwen after the above. But it wasn't sincere, as she just wants to stay in the game.
- Courtney's elimination has her struggle to eat her sundae with bird poop on it so Chris would let her stay. He flushes her. And only Scott misses her.
- Zoey losing her faith in Mike after Duncan points out Mal could be his real personality and Mike is just an alternate.
- Then there's the fact that she regains her trust in the next episode after he saves her from piranhas. That sounds great right? Not exactly. It was Mal that saved her and not Mike. To make things worse Mal only saved her to avoid suspicion. Zoey may be in really big trouble and if Mal tries something she won't even see it coming.
- In Zeke and Ye Shall Find, when the campers split up to find Chris, Gwen attempts to join up any of the groups only to be rebuffed in return. First, she asks to partner up with Courtney and Scott only for both to decline saying that three's a crowd. Then she asks to pair up with Alejandro who also declines. Finally, she attempts to join up with Mike, Zoey and Cameron who downright ignore her though in Cam's case, it's because Mal lied to Cameron saying that Gwen had been insulting him behind his back. resulting in Gwen having a dejected look on her face.
- Cameron's medivac. Mal (who is pretending to be Mike, his best friend) nearly kills him, and learns too late about his friend's fate. You can really hear how anguished Cam is in his Big "NO!" underneath the gauze around his mouth.
- It gets worse in the finale: Cam agrees with Gwen that his friend is gone forever.[[ Just look at his face when he says that.
- Manitoba Smith's fate? He needs to take Mike's dreams (here represented as clouds) and burns them away. Harsh.
- Even worse, he had no problem with doing it even as Mike was watching he burned them as if he was getting the newspaper
- Mal's Sadistic Choice to Svetlana; either she carves fish out of butter or ceases to exist entirely. Hands down, Svetlana's definitely the one who got the worst fate.
- Zoey's sadness throughout the episode, thinking that Mal had replaced Mike forever (luckily Mike returns!).
- Zoey saying farewell to Mike while burying the necklace he gave her last season
- Mike losing all his alternate personalities to save Zoey from Mal. At least they all willing did so after Mike initially refused to do so.
- Even though he was a huge jerk seeing Mal fade away and merge with Mike while yelling to Mike about how it was his time after seeing Svetlana,Chester,Manitoba and Vito do the same thing was somewhat sad.
- Plus there's the fact that he's the original personality. No lets just clarify about how messed up that essentially is, yeah he was a psychopath who cared for nothing but his own selfish ends as a child. So whats the solution? Send him to juvie and have a Specialist basically hypnotize you to make a "better you" which is likely the cause for Mike's MPD. Then you're forced to watch as this new "you" and the "others" Commit Grand theft me on your body while your sealed away like some demon, WATCHING AND AWARE, that you cant break free until some major head trauma breaks you free from your mental prison. And then, oh and then, When your finally in control and have some semblance of your life back on track where you left off, the "others" Decide to join forces and free each other after you got payback for what they did. Causing You, yes YOU the original to Fade away into complete nothingness as the "you" that was created to Replace you, gets the glory, the fame, and your body... I mean. That's just.. Damn that's an I must scream if nothing else.
- The fact that the eliminated All-Stars contestants, save for Gwen, Cameron, Alejandro, and Heather have seemingly floated away to oblivion in the balloons. Many fans only watched the finale in hopes of seeing their favorite eliminated competitors again, so it was quite a cruel slap to the face.
- Thankfully this has been rectified by the revelation that they're still alive
- Camp Wawanakwa is gone.
- Samey is a walking tearjerker. Her sister treats her like garbage, constantly puts her down, and she had few friends before coming to the island.
- Special mention goes to her conversation with Jasmine when Jasmine tries to get Samey to stand up to Amy, showing the number Amy's done on her sister's self-esteem
Jasmine: You know, you don't have to come foraging with me every morning.
Samey: Oh well, if you don't want me to come...
Jasmine: It's not that I don't want you to come. I just want it to be your choice. You've got to stop letting your sister treat you like a servant.
Samey: She doesn't treat me that well... besides, she's the pretty one.
Jasmine: You're twins; you're both the pretty one!
- Ella's heartbreak after finding out that Dave set up a picnic for Sky in the Pahkitew Island ep "Mo' Monkey Mo' Problems"
- Shawn screwing up his chances with Jasmine, and wishing he could fix it.
- Sky brutally telling Dave off, to the point he goes into a Heroic BSOD and actually votes himself off!
- Jasmine getting voted off right after she and Shawn patched things up.
- Jasmine seeing Shawn's confessionals and learning he never planned on splitting the prize money with her...at first.