Tear Jerker: Tokyo ESP
- Chapter 18. Rinka is brutally beaten by her mind-controlled classmates on live television, until she actually dies and her fish leaves her.
- Chapter 19: Watching Rinka move around Homeless and losing everything.
- Chapter 20: The fate of her father and how she goes around being bullied in the Esper detention facility.
- Chapter 41: We see that despite helping to save the city, ESPers are still demonized and even Rinka isn't an exception.
- Chapter 44: Rinka is told that she's responsible for the death of the first opponent she fought because she went too easy on him by knocking him out in a serious fight, and she ultimately has to become ruthless in order to save them. When she can't do that, her Enemy Within performs a Split Personality Take Over and blinds the guy, leading to her collapsing and wishing for Azuma to come help her.
- Whenever she has a fight that she has to be absolutely brutal in, we see her room is trashed in the aftermath due to needing to take it out on something. Then she just sits on her bed in a comatose-like state.
- Chapter 47: A couple who have ESP are separated in Hong Kong after running away to start a new life, with him having no choice but to fight while she ends up getting sold off. By the time we see her again two months later, she's covered in bruises and brought to witness his fight in the finals after being forced to hurt and kill other people.
- Likewise, Rinka is forced to watch as she's being sold off to some sleazebag while being called out as nothing more than an obedient dog by one of the other fighters who idolized her believing she could change things. The other fighters who she's faced are terrified of her as well. She wants to do something about it, but can't afford to act just yet until the CIA can move during the finals two months later.
- Chapter 60 & 61: Ren is kidnapped and learns Zeusu has been lying to her the entire time while an esper takes over her best friend's body, the Yakuza get killed off entirely with their leader bleeding out to death, Rinka's father has suffered injuries so grevious he might never wake up, and her mother will likely be silenced and erased.