- "Wild Horses". The cover done by The Sundays can also be moving, even if it's mostly because of the Buffy connection. The Flying Burrito Brothers' version, though, is really the one that starts up the waterworks.
- "Ran Out of Tears" is another one
- "Angie". "Angie... Angie, ain't it good to be alive?"
- "Ruby Tuesday". "Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday..."
- Not to mention "As Tears Go By" and "No Expectations".
- "Gimme Shelter" is dark and moving or outright tear jerker, but listening to the wails of Merry Clayton mixed with the grim lyrics is enough to incite some form of dread in anyone.
- What happened to Brian Jones before and after he left the band.
- "Shine a Light" - the band's tribute to Brian Jones after his death.
- To those not aware of this inspiration, "Shine a Light" plays as being particularly dark or sad, but very moving, especially the beginning, coming out of the equally moving "Let it Loose" as Exile comes to a close. Something about the gospel air there is to it and that sort of reflective nature of the lyrics makes it stick out.
Tear Jerker / The Rolling Stones
Even this badass rock band of The '60s, The '70s, and The '80s have some incredibly moving songs.