Tear Jerker: t.A.T.u.
- Reading the lyrics to "All the Things She Said" can do it.
- "Doshitai Do Sta" ("Count to Hundred"). Even if it is just about a breakup, not about the guy dying... Gah.
- "30 Minutes" is about suicide.
- Both of their first solo songs can be interpreted to be breakup songs about the band. "Never Forget You" in particular seems to carry the message of "let it go already, tATu is dead."
- 10 years after the peak of their success, gay rights in Russia has gotten to the point where "propaganda" (basically, mentioning not being straight in a public environment) is illegal. Essentiallly, their efforts failed.
- Their 2014 split looks almost exactly like a relationship breakup. First Lena posts a video out wanting nothing to do with Julia, then Julia replies with one about "sorting out their differences". The "Love in Every Moment" video highlights this unintentionally by them being in different rooms by Lena's choice, and Julia hugging it out with a Fake Shemp of Lena.
- Ivan Shapovalov's treatment of them could count. At one point, he told Lena she was "too fat" to be a star and she actually fainted one day from not eating. He also kept instructing Yulia continue screaming in their songs, and she developed a vocal cyst. Her cyst worsened and her voice never quite the same from then on, even after surgery. Not to mention the other things shown in their Anatomy of t.A.T.u. documentary and Podnebesnaya.