Hell, just about anything by this musician is pretty damn sad
. He has a knack for making heartbreakers.
- "Casmir Pulaski Day". Dear god, "Casimir Pulaski Day".
- "Romulus" is the story of a group of siblings growing up with a distant mother.
- "Chicago" works for the "happy tears" variety, and the fact that it's directly juxtaposed with "Casimir Pulaski Day" enhances the effect, mutually. Play the trumpet solo from either song and... excuse me, I think I have something in my eye...
- "Djohariah" is definitely one, of both the "happy" and "sad" varieties.
- "John Wayne Gacy, Jr".
- "The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!", despite the frantic title, is a heartbreaking and gorgeous song about the end of a (possibly romantic) relationship between two teenage boys who were best friends: "My friend is gone, he ran away, I can tell you I love him each day".
- "I Walked." Beautiful melody, heartbreaking lyrics, lo-fi drum machines and synths in the background.