Tear Jerker: Soul Series
aka: Soul Calibur
- Sophitia's ending in Soulcalibur IV. Despite the initial Narm, Algol's words to her conveys his sadness over being forced to kill his own son.
Algol: "Time is cruel. Even with all of this power, I cannot undo the past..."
- Sophitia's whole motive since SCII has also been to protect her very young children. Becomes Harsher in Hindsight in SCV.
- Parts of Tira's ending somehow make the psychotic, bloodthirsty, Magnificent Bitch... into The Woobie. It's just so sad and pathetic, as she's begging Nightmare not to leave her alone...
- Considering how Tira always sought companionship, it's even sadder. After her time as a member of the Bird of Passage, she was more or less adopted into a family for a short period—but her insanity caused her to Kill Them All when she got into a small squabble with them.
- Lizardman's backstory in Soulcalibur III is heartbreaking when you discover that he is a man stuck as a reptilian killing machine who can't speak, forsaken by everyone, even by his god, and desperately (and vainly) trying to get his humanity back while his monster side engulfs him more and more.
- The ending cutscene in chapter 11 of Soulcalibur V's story mode is also heartrending. Yes, Patrokolos is understandably very rattled by multiple revelations regarding his old employer and the missions he went on at said employer's orders, and yes his newfound sister did look rather creepy with the new arm/eyes/voice she had going... but the boy shoving a sword in the face of, then fleeing in terror from, the young woman who had finally found the family she had been deprived of all her life just after she saved his idiot hide was far too cruel for words (probably just as Tira planned)....
- Pyrrha shields Patroklos from an ambush from Nightmare. She proceeds to transform into a malfested to protect him and Patroklos runs away from her.
Pyrrha: We're family. Right, Patroklos?Patroklos: We are a family. But why is this happening to OUR family?!
Pyrrha: You can't accept me if I'm malfested?
- Also, this.
- Pyrrha after being slain by her own brother in the "original" timeline. Doesn't help that she herself sheds tears.
Pyrrha: I'm alone... again?
- Pyrrha Omega's artwork where she's clutching her arm and crying in pain. It basically sums up what the Alexander family has been through.
- Something about Raphael's bio in V is just somehow... sad. "Wandering For His Lost Love..."
- Also from the Heartwarming page: Talim's ending in IV. While most of the other fighters either kill Algol or strip him of his powers, Talim doesn't. Instead, she reunites him with his dead son!
- Xianghua's ending in IV where she stays by Kilik's side as he begs her to live a normal life while Soul Edge tries to consume them both.