's tear jerking moments can be found here
- Geoff watching the Dead Island trailer and having to stop about twenty seconds in.
- Michael's RIP tweet about his dog, Kaine.
- In "10 Year Retrospective", Burnie mentions that his mother died six months before Red vs Blue even started, and that she never got to see his creation expand to what it is today.
- Pretty much all of the 10 Year Retrospective is a tearjerker of some kind or another.
- For some, Joe the Cat's retirement party. While he's going on to live with Burnie, we'll probably never see him again on video.
- On Podcast 218, Burnie talked at the end about Graham, a friend of the company, who unbeknownst to him passed away of cancer in 2011. His voice is noticeably shaking throughout the entire bit.
- One of the old and notable members of the AH community, David "Knuckles Dawson" Dreger, went missing after leaving his phone and wallet at home and deleting all his accounts. The heartbroken responses of the Internet truly put this square in this trope. Unfortunately, his body was found a month later.
- They don't dwell on it for long, but at one point in podcast 238 they talk about a nearby incident where a crazy guy ran over his mother after she was being put in an ambulance. It caused a huge degree of Mood Whiplash, admittedly not for long.