Tear Jerker: Primeval
- The conclusion of the fourth episode, when Connor comforts his delirious best friend as he slowly dies from the parasite. And afterward, he stands up and turns to Nick and says that he can't handle being part of the team anymore, and Nick gives him a hug.
- When Abby is (apparently) lost forever to the Mer creatures in 2.4. Seeing Connor so distraught and nearly in tears is especially heartbreaking considering the bad feeling the two of them had been sharing directly prior to it. Worse still, Lester (who is still a Smug Snake at this point in the show) orders him to go home and do nothing.
Connor: *fighting desperately not to cry* "We can just go out there and we can find her! All we need to do is get back in the boats and do something; why is nobody doing anything!?"
"I know how you feel."
- Nick's phone call to Connor. Also counts as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Hell, that entire episode was really one big Crowning Moment of Character Development.
- Stephen's Heroic Sacrifice in the season 2 finale.
- And the funeral. Everyone's just so silent.
- Nick tearing up the photo of Claudia, showing he's finally given up on getting her back.
- Jenny finding it again after his death, taped back together. Guess he really couldn't let go after all.
- Shortly thereafter, Cutter's death during season 3, particularly his last words. This soon prompted the real heartbreak of Jenny leaving the Arc, closing the chapter for good on Cutter and Claudia/Jenny.
- The characters' reactions to seeing him dead make half the Tear Jerker, particularly Lester shouting angrily for an ambulance, in frantic denial.
- The first few minutes of the following episode managed to be Tear Jerkers without even doing anything at all. Just the whole mood of the characters and the ARC was able to convey how upset and lost everyone was without him.
- In the final scene of the Season 4 premiere, Connor wakes up to find Abby already up. He correctly deduces that she's still used to keeping watch from when they were stuck in the Cretaceous. That fact just hammers home the absolute hell those two went through.
- The death of the high school girl at the jaws of the Therocephalian in 4.4 is rather devastating, especially since they play it up to make you think she might make it.
- Jess's reaction, too.