- The episode where we find out why Yuri became a debris collector.
- The conclusion of episode 7: "Extraterrestrial Girl". "This is my ocean."
- Gigalt, about Hakim, shortly before dying. "Why...? Why couldn't I think of one for him? Why couldn't I come up with a nickname...?"
- The Lunar Squirrel Ninjas all died in Tandem Mirror engine explosion, save one who relied on selling what remained behind to earn a living, further compounding Hachimaki's self-centered belief even further...
- The end of the series when Ai, who has been carrying an injured Claire - who she knows is a terrorist - cross-country over the moon and she sees the lights of the dome just as she runs out of air and she screams.
- There was also the glorious subversion. After the Wham Episode "Love," and the equally powerful episode 25, Hachimaki and Ai have returned to Section 7 for one last tour, the latter having recovered from her severe injuries. As they stand on the hull of the Toy Box, they begin a word game, naming objects that start with a specific letter. This is how Hachimaki proposes to Tanabe.
Hachimaki: Haha, you lost the game.
- The ending of the manga. Despite being a cold bastard as he is, Locksmith knows and feels the weight of what his creation have caused.
Locksmith: "You make it sound so easy, kid."