Tear Jerker: Night
- Well, for starters, it's the Holocaust.
- Eliezer's spiritual fight with God as to why He is letting this happen. "Where is God?"
- "That night, the soup tasted of corpses."
- Doubles as Nightmare Fuel.
- Shlomo's death in a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown from an SS officer.
- Shlomo's last words were Eliezer's name.
- You have to sympathize for Eliezer, considering he's doing everything in his will to keep his dad alive, even though he knows there could be dire consequences. It gets worse when Shlomo suffers dysentery.
- The kid who fought his own dad to death for a bit of bread.
- The Bittersweet Ending in which Eliezer survives, but stares into a mirror and discovers just how much the camps have dehumanized him.
"From the depths of the mirror, a corpse gazed back at me. The look in his eyes, as they stared into mine, has never left me."