Tear Jerker: Marathon
- Depending on how sympathetic you are to him, Durandal's death(s) are this. All of them. Especially the one in Marathon 2 where the player himself has to kill him by smashing the computer core that he's running on, telling you to do so in his normal cool, collected manner while falling apart. He gets better. Also, the end of Hang Brain where Durandal is taking himself apart so that he can store some fragment of himself in the Player Character's brain.
- Durandal's terminal on Hang Brain was much more of a Tear Jerker than his terminal on Begging For Mercy Makes Me Angry, since it implies he's undergoing a mental breakdown as you're destroying him.
- What to save and throw away?pr?The last hour is on us both?mr.s?tuck this little kitty into the impenetrablebrainpan?pr?Contents under pressure?Do not expose to excessive heat, vacuum, blunt trauma,immersion in liquids, disintegration, reintegration, hypersleep, humiliation, sorrowor harsh language?pr?When the time comes, whose life will flash before yours?pr?A billion paths are here inside me?pr?yes, yes, yes, Bernhard, 110?pr?potential, jewels, jewels, yes, jewels?
- The references to his creator just increase the Tear Jerker factor.
- You having to kill humans under Tycho's orders. You can do nothing but slaughter them in droves, while they try futilely to fight back and call you a traitor. Nothing like playing half the game knowing you're now the bad guy.