Tear Jerker: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
- The scene in episode 25 with Signum and Zest.
- In episode 20, where Nanoha and Vita give a speech about the upcoming battle to the forwards.
- The flashback from episode 17 where Erio is told that who he thought were his family weren't and is taken away from them.
- Nanoha's Near-Death Experience in the flashback from episode 9. Made even more heart wrenching when they focus entirely on Nanoha as she tries to go expedite her own recovery, being in a lot of pain while trying to stand, then Shamal states at that time, her injuries may end her career and possibly cripple her for life.
- When Vivio is kidnapped, Nanoha continues to perform her duties, but after a conversation with Teana, she sees the stuffed bunny that she gave Vivio on the ground. One could feel Nanoha's pain upon seeing the look on her face when she's suddenly reminded of Vivio. Once she finishes and no longer has anything to keep her mind off it, she breaks down crying in Fate's arms. It has even more impact when you remember that this is the only time in the entire franchise that Nanoha is this emotionally broken.
- And then it cuts to Vivio Strapped to an Operating Table, desperately struggling, and screaming for Nanoha to save her while Jail talks about how he's going to make her his masterpiece. The last thing we hear before the episode ends is her crying "Mama!".
- Near the end of episode 19, when Jail broadcasts footage of what's happening to Vivio, leaving Nanoha in absolute horror. Counts also count as Nightmare Fuel.
- Hayate, while holding a near-dead, bloody Vita with a shattered device:
- Nanoha's entire scene with Vivio from episode 25. The one where Vivio is on the verge of despair and Nanoha has to bring her back from the brink.
Vivio: I can't be allowed to live!
- Notably, when she refers to Nanoha and Fate during all this, she uses the honorific "san" instead of "mama". Not because she doesn't love them, but because she doesn't view herself as being human.
- That one moment at the end where Vivio tells Nanoha to stay away from her. Fortunately, it was because she wanted to stand up on her own and make Nanoha-mama proud of her.
- In the third Sound Stage for this season, Reinforce Zwei finds a recording left behind by Reinforce Eins that shows her living with the Yagami family, then a message saying that this is what she gave up when she sacrificed herself, and while Eins knew it was the right decision, she regrets not being able to be with Hayate.
- That one part in the second opening where Nanoha is running towards Vivio as they both desperately try to reach one another, but their hands fail to touch by a few inches.