* Indy (under MindControl) slapping [[KidSidekick Short Round]]. The boy's reaction is what really sells it. He pulls on Indy's arm, seemingly thinking everything will be okay, only to get struck to the floor. "Doctor Jones...!"
** It's implied that, even under Kali's spell, you're aware of what's going on but you're unable to do anything about it. Indy's apology to Shorty afterwards says it all.
* Similarly, Willie trying desperately to snap him out of it. The sheer terror she must have been feeling at this point is unimaginable.
* All those innocent children being forced to work in the mines is heartbreaking to watch. Also the haunted looks of their mothers and grandmothers in the village, who don't even know if their children are still alive.
* What happened to the poor shmuck who was sacrificed by the cult just before the good guys got caught.
* Indy encountering a weakened child who escaped from Pankot. The boy mentions Sankara and gives him a manuscript before passing out.