- Anything involving Rin Satsuki.
- In chapter 33, it is revealed that Eirin knew very well how much she hurt Rin, and has felt like a monster for all the nine years after her imprisonment. Oh, and Rin is only the latest in the list of Eirin's experiments that have Gone Horribly Wrong. Up until then, she's been a total jerk to everyone, especially Reisen, and of course the Rin Satsuki Experiment is more than enough of a reason to hate her, but damn, you can't help but feel at least a little sorry for her when she says that she's beyond redemption and knows it, and just wants to rescue Kaguya before facing her rightful punishment. Goes to show that even the Jerkass Mad Scientist has a conscience and could actually have been a decent person if only her passion for her work hadn't always had horrible consequences for everyone around her.
Happy birthday to me,Happy birthday to me,I don't know if it's my birthday,But it's passed by now, surely.
- Chapter 45 just makes the above statement even worse when we finally learn the full story. It's all Yuuka's fault for forcing Rin to relive those traumatic memories to see who she's dealing with. To make things worse, forcing herself to turn back to normal after becoming a Blob Monster will actually HURT her and make her cough up blood, practically killing her, and when she's sealed away for 9 years, she doesn't even know when it's her birthday, ever, for NINE YEARS! Poor Rin! D:
- From the exchange between Reisin and Sakuya from Chapter 51, after, Sakuya and Remilia have to stay at Reimu's shrine
Reisin: She was a nine year old girl!
Reisin: I dreamed of Rin every night for almost a year after that. I begged Eirin and Princess Kaguya to change their minds so many times that they threatened to send me back to the moon if I didn't stop. What did you do?
- And this:
- Chapter 57. The death of Marisa. Especially heartbreaking when 5 minutes ago she had just defeated Yuuka pretty much singlehandedly, but showed mercy.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen says Yuuka. But the ending shows there's going to be no honor in the battlefield. Way to break your word Yuuka.