Tear Jerker: Hatoful Boyfriend
This is far from being the only case of pathos in the pigeon dating games.
- Ryouta's ending
- Nageki's ending is both heartwarming and completely heartwrenching, as is his brother Kazuaki's.
- The Bad Boys Love route. All of it.
- Well, maybe not the parts that were purely horror or (in a completely out-of-place way) funny, but yeah, too much of it will get the tear ducts working.
- "Go on, Sakuya... leave your liar brother, and go..."
- The final reveal of who killed Hiyoko and how she died serves quite effectively as the Despair Event Horizon for at least one in-game character.
- The fourth chapter of Holiday Star has a lot of these too with one of the major ones coming from the reveal of who The King used to be and how he became what he is today. The page image is a snippet of The King's tragic backstory.
"No! Wait! I don't want to die! I never wanted to die in the first place! Society Is to Blame for making me feel this way! You said you would die together with me... Why did you betray me...?"
- In the First chapter of Holiday Star, it's revealed that Miru and Kaku were not supposed to exist at all, and were going to be killed if Ryuuji Kawara did not save them. After that, when he died, they were left abandoned again.
- The creator drew this◊ bit of art, showing Ryuuji playing with his son in an inflatable pool while Isa looks on. Fridge Sorrow kicks in when you recall that years later, Ryouta doesn't know how to swim - his father was never around to teach him, and then he died. In Holiday Star while he does seem to recognize Ryouta, the Migrant isn't interested and still favors "Isa".
- The entirety of the 12th chapter of the manga. Aside from Hitori, who could arguably get a Fate Worse Than Death, everyone in it is Doomed by Canon.
- The manga "Focus on the Hawks" is a largely silly manga about Hawk Party researchers Ryuuji, Tohri, and young Shuu ("Isa") getting by and having interpersonal conflicts. As anyone who's played through BBL knows, Ryuuji dies - and we get to see that Isa literally does not know how to deal with that, so he tries to keep working.