Tear Jerker: Guns N' Roses
- "Civil War", especially the second verse when the singer tells how his first memory is the assassination of Kennedy and how he went numb for Vietnam.
- The last two minutes of "Coma" are heart-wrenchingly beautiful.
- The so-called Illusions Trilogy:
- "November Rain". To say nothing of the music video (Overblown? Perhaps. Effective? Very.).
- "Estranged" and "Don't Cry" have some really depressing parts.
- Depending on your mood, the desperation of "The Garden" might count.
- "This I Love" is another one. It can seem as if the high chorus part is at the same frequency as your heart strings.