Tear Jerker / Golden Sun
- Golden Sun begins with a major Tearjerker. Ten minutes into playing the first game, the Mt. Aleph boulder destroyed a dock where Isaac's dad, Jenna's parents, and Felix were standing. Of course, the game had to use slow-motion photos of the parents hopelessly trying to escape as the huge boulder came hurtling down inches above their heads. If Isaac speaks to Jenna and Dora, both of them are barely able to speak with Dora begging Kyle not to leave her alone and Jenna begging for her parents and brother to not be dead.
- Sheba revealing why she wanted to travel with Felix. She was trying to find her real home and felt that if she travelled with Felix, she hoped to find it since she was unable to remember it. Luckily the party understands and cheers her up.
- One after another gets delivered once you get the cannon in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. First, there's the poor fate of Prox, teetering on the edge of infinity with eternal winters. Then, once you get into Mars Lighthouse itself, it appears all frozen, and somewhat counterintuitive. Finally, you meet some Fire Dragons, and battle them, and to no surprise, it's Karst and Agatio who die shortly afterwards. The the final boss is Felix and Jenna's parents and Isaac's father, as a dragon, which makes Jenna freak out.
- Mia and Piers try their hardest to revive them but fail and Jenna just breaks down crying. The party lashes out at the Wise One for turning them into a dragon until Isaac tells them to stop and solemnly explains that he knew what he was doing the moment the fight started and that he's sure his parents would understand. If you talk to Isaac before lighting the Mars Lighthouse beacon, he says he has no idea how to explain what happened to his mother.
- Turns into Heartwarming since due to the special nature that Mars and Venus share, their parents are revived, but it was still one trying experience.
- The dialogue right before the ending CG... Garet is the one guy who didn't suffer anything through both games, not even from the boulder incident, his family is whole, functional, happy, was safe at home and happy to see him when he visited in the first game. When you reach Vale at the end, for a moment, the group (and player) is led to believe that everyone in Vale died - so while Isaac just found his dad again and Jenna and Felix finally got their parents back... Garet realizes he's all alone in the world. Then the girls start teasing him, which comes off as shockingly cruel, but it's because they've seen his family, safe and well, hiding a little way off - the mood whiplash is very intense.
tear-jerkers have been moved to a Dark Dawn
-specific Tear Jerker page