- "Don't Let Me Die (Still Wondering)". This song was was allegedly written as a tribute to Johnny Cash — when the band's lead singer, Dave King, heard of Cash's death/
- "The Spoken Wheel" is a song written for King's late father. It also becomes a Crowning Momentof Awesome — when it leads into the following track: "With a Wonder and a Wild Desire", which also has a certain furious defiance that can inspire a few Manly Tears.
- Some of their more punk-orientated songs, such as the tragic "Laura" and the bittersweet "Within a Mile of Home", are also well worth a mention.
- "Float". Especially with the gorgeous but heartachingly sad video.
- "Tobacco Island" is also particularly sad, which is about the Irish being thrown out by Oliver Cromwell, and sent to the Carribean. The song is about the singer remembering and mourning the loss of his homeland.
Agony, will you cleanse this misery?For it's never again i'll breatheThe air of homeFrom this sandy edgeThe rolling sea breaks my revengeWith each whisper a thousand wavesI hear roarI'm coming home
- In particular, the bridge of the song; Dave King sings as the narrator with such a sense of heartbreak in his voice, you can't help but cry. The lyrics:
- "A Prayer for me in Silence".
- "What's Left of the Flag".
Tear Jerker / Flogging Molly
This Celtic punk band can trigger the tears.