- Even with his Big Bad status, it's not hard to feel sorry for Mandrake's anguish cries after his son's death. Bad guy or good guy, losing a child is never easy.
- The distant relationship between MK and her father, even to the point when she tells him she'll be going through the stages of grief alone.
- Ronin's last moments with Queen Tara.
- A happy one that parallels the above:Ronin's smile when he sees Tara, for a moment, before she chooses her heir.
- Professor Bomba breaking down after he thinks he imagines his daughter as a Leafman.
- This line
Nod: '(when they are entering the Boggan's stronghold) Dad never told me about this mission...'Ronin: '(Sadly) He never got the chance...'
- Ronin's apparent death in Wraithwood. Almost nothing is said about it, making it all the more painful, especially if you realise that, as far as he knows, Nod just lost the only father figure he's had for most of his life. MK's silent understanding (what with her mother's death) makes it all the worse; she clearly knows there's nothing she can say to make it better. Finn's face says the same thing when he understands what Nod means...
- After the climax of the film, the human-sized MK and reunites with her dad. The professor is looking over a picture of MK's mom and manages to choke out only part of a heartbreaking sentence:
Professor Bomba: I always thought... that if I could prove it, she would...