Tear Jerker: Emergency!
- In the episode "Dealer's Wild", the scene of Dr. Brackett telling the boy that his father had died would make anyone want to shed a tear or two.
- In "Frequency," a friend of Johnny's is injured in a car crash and later dies on the operating table. Johnny volunteers to inform the wife that she's now a widow and does so in a very quiet, heart-wrenching scene.
- Roy's distress in "The Virus" after Johnny collapses during a rescue and is brought to the hospital. You can feel the emotion when Roy is told his partner is out in the squad and he replies "temporary partner" because he is essentially emphasizing that he won't accept Gage dying.
- The end of the "Greatest Rescues" movie. It's easy to get teary-eyed thinking of them having their own stations and not being partners, though it's obvious the friendship would continue.
- One of the subplots in "Messin Around" has Roy and Johnny respond to a boy who has drank rat poison, only for the mother to interfer with them helping because he has prank called 911 before. By the time they convince her and finally get him to the hospital, it's too late. The look on the mother's face as she's told he's died is a mixture of disbelief and the realization that she has helped cause her son's death.
- "But he was joking... He was always just joking..."