For all the flak DreamWorks Animation
gets for not being Disney
, it can't be denied that when they strive to tug at the heartstrings, they manage it just as effectivly as their rivals can.
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
The Penguins of Madagascar
- The boxcar scene, where Spirit sees phantoms of his herd in the swirling snow, calling him home and helping him regain his will to live. Especially when combined with the song "Sound The Bugle".
- The ending, courtesy of Adams/Zimmer's "I Will Always Return".
- Spirit whinnying to his mother to run away when she sees him captured, the Eagle that Spirit races seeing Spirit captured and calling to him, when Rain is injured and Spirit gives up his chance to run away before the men capture him just to stay by her side...
Monsters vs. Aliens
- Skipper being eaten alive in Snakehead was particularly hard hitting.
- There's Link with Insectosaurus as he's shot... "Don't you close your eyes on me! Don't you dare!" and staying with his body from night till dawn.
- "We could save every city in the world and they'd still treat us like they've always treated us... like monsters."