- Jordy's last lines when being Driven to Suicide.
Jordy: Please... God.... let my luck be good just this once.... just... this... once... (BLAM!)
- Not to mention his brief imaginary (or is it?) conversation with his father's spirit. As the plants continue to grow over him they start making him itch terribly, so Jordy attempts to get in a bathtub full of water to ease it. His dad warns him not to do it, since water makes the plants grow faster and getting in a tub with that much would cause him to be covered entirely. But Jordy grimly realizes that not getting in would just delay the inevitable. The way he voices this helps add to the depressing ending of an otherwise darkly comic story.
- Aunt Bedelia's touching diatribe at her father's grave and anguishing over the death of her lover.
- Though Harry and Becky clearly deserve it (to those that sympathize with Richard), it's hard not to cry over the terrible thing they go through. Buried up to your necks in sand, watching each other suffer and die a slow and painful death from the tide, struggling to stay alive in the process....
- Thankfully (?) for them, Death Is Not Permanent.
- Not to mention the music forces the sympathy of them down our throats.