* Jason's death, as well as Rob being called by his mom thus having to tell her the news.
* [[spoiler:Hud's]] reaction to [[spoiler:Marlena's]] death. Especially with him [[spoiler:freaking out ''off-camera''. Rob worries he might not be able to continue with them, but Hud tries to pull himself together]].
* The ''adagio'' towards the end of "Roar!", the music that plays over the end credits, which would have played under the scene were [[spoiler:Marlena dies]] had the movie had a regular music score.
* Think of everything from Clovie's point of view; [[AmbiguousGender it's]] a baby, it's lost, it's terrified, it's infested with painful parasites, and it misses its mother. And to top it all off, a bunch of small creatures are trying to kill it. No wonder it was rampaging through New York!
** The [[SarcasmMode best part?]] [[spoiler:According to WordOfGod, it ''dies''. Meaning that it never sees its mother again.]] [[MonsterSobStory *sniff*]]
* Lily being evacuated on the helicopter. It's a massive HopeSpot, with Lily being helped into a helicopter and her friends preparing to join her...only for the military man to tell them that there's no more room and that they have to go to the next chopper. The last we see of her is her scared and saddened face in the chopper's window as her friends assure her that they'll be right behind her. [[spoiler:And then Clover swats their chopper out of the air.]] It's implied that because of this, [[spoiler:Lily is the only one of the group who's still alive]].
* [[spoiler:The movie ends with almost [[KillEmAll all the protagonists dying in horrible ways]]. [[ShootTheShaggyDog There was no winner in the story, no great rescue, just God knows how many innocents dead in monstrous ways]] [[DownerEnding and the two main lovers dying after a bridge literally crushes them.]]]]
** Oh, and also, [[spoiler:considering we still don't know anything about the fate of the monster's mother [[TheStinger nor whether or not the monster itself is actually dead or not,]] chances are, another big catastrophe such as this is going to happen again.]]
** Which adds to some FridgeHorror considering [[Film/TenCloverfieldLane what will (probably) happen next..]]
*** What happens next is ''far worse'': [[spoiler:an alien invasion. Clover may have just been the first to appear.]]