Since the series can be DarkerAndEdgier, things can happen which can lead to ThisIsUnforgivable moments from the heroes. And since a lot of people drop like flies, there's a huge spoiler warning.
* Episode 1- My Friends! Why...!?: That moment as early as the first six minutes or so when Kenji, Gou and Rui in cold blood tried to murder their friends as they depart to Volt, and both Takuji and Mari ends up TakingTheBullet and dying for it, leaving the heroes, but especially Jou and Megumi utterly heartbroken and reduced to sobbing and lamenting why their friends would do such cruel thing. This is later followed when the three villains return... and laid waste on the whole Academia Island and leaving no survivors, except the three heroes. [[DarkerAndEdgier First episode and they already went straight for the jugulars, you know this series ain't pulling their punches.]]
** To compound on that point, the next episode (which is the second part of a two-parter or sorts) began with Megumi mentioning that [[EverybodysDeadDave everyone has died]], resulting her once again in tears. That probably would be the last time she cried until a long while , but after all that happened to the people around her, even if she still had Yuusuke and Jou, who can blame her?
* Episode 13- Burning Steel, Colon: [[RobotGirl Colon]] has a admirer in the defected Jimmer, Mr. Tanaka, who in turn, Colon loves for the first time. However, as Dokugas Zuno is about to ram the Livemen, Mr. Tanaka jumps in and gets the attack intended for the team. this lead him to be broken, and after a small talk with Colon and a point to the finger, he gets up, walks a bit, and falls to his explosion. Cue Colon running in tears towards a now in pieces Jimmer!Mr. Tanaka. It's hard not to pity that it's the ONLY ROBOT WHO LOVED HER in the series.
* Episode 15 features Hanako, a battle-robot that is being targeted by Gash for it's infinite power source. While fleeing the attack on the lab, You bumps into it, and decides to take it back and fix it up, naming it . Hanako in turn is quite attached to Jou, giving him flowers and following him around like a little puppy. When Gash catches up to them, Jou does his best to protect her, prompting Hanako to try and protect '''him''' as well. Come the end of the episode, Gash is about to finish off a wounded Jou when Hanako [[TakingTheBullet rolls in front of the shot]]. She speaks for the very first time, saying goodby to Jou before ramming Gash and self-destructing (which didn't even kill Gash!). The Livemen even build her a grave afterwards.
-->'''Hanako''': G.O.O.D.B.Y.E. J.O.U.
* Episode 18-A Trap! Jou's Beloved Zuno Beast: Mazenda discards her remaining love and compassion into the form of Rei/Twin Zuno which she uses to lure Jou into a trap even though Rei clearly does not want to do this and truly loves Jou, after she is turned completely into twin zuno and destroyed Mazenda starts out laughing but then begins crying at the destruction of her remaining love and compassion.
* Episode 19 to 21 is a huge [[WhamEpisode Wham Arc]] regarding Obular and his tragic backstory. The end is bound to leave many tears.
* Episode 31- Mama! The Parasitic Monster's Cries: [[CuteMonster Vega Baby]] is kidnapped by Vega Zuno, Guildos and Butchy. As Vega Baby breaks free to reunite with Junichi, the baby gets killed from Vega Zuno's needles. As Junichi carries the baby to safety, Vega Baby passes away in the middle of Junichi singing a lullaby for the baby. Since the baby is dead, Junichi continues the lullaby, on a now dead Vega Baby, while crying.
* Episode 44- Butchy's Reckless Driving of Tears!: Megumi carries Butchy to safety, and he exclaims he can't go on any further. Megumi plays "Spark! To the ocean" on her keytar, and Mazenda, Kemp and Bias see the scene, so what does Bias do? KILL POOR BUTCHY BY REMOTE DETONATING HIM. As he explodes, cue Megumi [[SayMyName shout Butchy's name]]. One of the scenes where Megumi [[NeverLiveItDown crying]] is pretty damn ''justified''.
* Hell, even when the BigBad dies, it's quite traumatic. Bias is reduced to an aging old man who gets taken in by Gash, and as their ship blows up, Gash tells him that the sparks going around the ship are actually fireworks to celebrate Bias' reign, [[LetThemDieHappy as if he actually won]], and that the sounds they are hearing are the people hailing Bias. Viva Bias indeed.
** Though when you remember that Bias was willing to kill of all of humanity simply to prove that he was a god, this becomes ''much'' less tragic. And when you consider what his goal ultimately was, this becomes a rather awesome case of LaserGuidedKarma.