- "Don't Forget to Remember Me" is a guaranteed tear-jerker for anyone who is leaving their family to pursue their own lives.
- "Just A Dream" is another one.
- As is "I Told You So" (itself a cover of the Randy Travis song).
- "Jesus, Take The Wheel". It's about a woman who's driving home for Christmas, with her kid in the backseat. Then she loses control of the wheel. It's depressing to say the least.
- Though the song does have them both survive - the car just skids onto the shoulder and to a stop, and the woman vows to change her life (though it isn't really said exactly why she has regrets about it).
- "Mama's Song" is another one — with the bittersweet, low-key instrumental backing as a key component.
- "Temporary Home".
- Hell, pretty much any song involving God or her mother is gonna be emotional.
- "Blown Away" is powerful.
- "Little Toy Guns" can be this to anyone who's grown up in a dysfunctional household. The music video is even more poignant.
Tear Jerker / Carrie Underwood
This country singer has a lot of emotional songs.