Tear Jerker: blink-182
This pop-punk band has some very moving songs.
- "Adam's Song", an upbeat song about suicide. Well, maybe not that upbeat.
- "Stay Together For The Kids" is also fairly sad, since it centers around a kid living with parents who argue a lot and are only together because they don't want their child to grow up in a broken home. It does NOT help the song was actually written by Tom DeLonge about his experiences to it, seeing how his parents ended up divorced when he was a teenager.
- "Man Overboard" is particularly sad. If that song really is about Scott Raynor, the original drummer (which he seems to know it is), it marks the day when Blink officially forgot about Scott.
- "What Went Wrong" is also particularly sad, as it seemed to have been made for the Blink break-up — and was completely depressing for that reason. Then the reunion came...
- "Not Now", as well.
- "What's My Age Again" is surprisingly melancholic - it's telling the story of someone whose immaturity is no longer funny or interesting, just irritating, and ends up underlining how pathetic holding onto youth looks like past a certain point. The opening arpeggios don't help either.
- During a Connecticut show on the Reunion Tour, the band learned Travis's close friend (as well as a survivor of the plane crash Travis was on) DJ AM (Adam Goldstein) passed away from a drug overdose. The band were seriously broken while playing on stage, Mark even asking the audience for a moment of silence while speaking about the incident. While playing 'Down', you can tell even Tom was at the verge of tears.
- Most of the album Neighborhoods, due to all the references of death and such.
- Ghost on the Dancefloor: About DJ AM's death.
- Natives: Really more bittersweet than anything, "I am too nervous to run, like kids who scatter and hide, to reach and grab for someone, but end up buried alive, a world is waiting for me, a road that I rarely use, I start to feel my feet, and kick down walls as they move"
- I Miss You. One of the biggest contenders and the band's most known song (besides their most known). Makes a Harsher in Hindsight as the song references Travis and Shanna's wedding on Halloween, which ended later on.
- I'm Lost Without You. Makes it worse for early fans when the band broke up in 2005...
- Tom's 'departure' for the second time. No words can be said, especially considering how Mark and Travis have decided to continue without him (citing due to him focusing too much on his other project and putting blink in the back burner).
- What's worse is that fans feel this is all bad communication between the three guys, which has lead to an entire shit storm, and none of them are doing anything to fix it (Well..Tom tried to explain he's been slow on commitment due to fears of failing the band and Mark and Travis really want to continue blink..), only making fans worry what the state of the band is...
- What's worse is that Tom still wants their friendship, despite the fact Mark and Travis basically kicked Tom out because of a letter from his manager, not him, and most of the time keep throwing shots at him since his "departure".