Tear Jerker: Battlestar Galactica (1978)
aka: Battlestar Galactica Classic
- Adama's finding the picture of his wife, Ila, amongst the ruins of his home on Caprica, in the pilot episode:
Adama: I'm sorry Ila... I was never there when it mattered. Never...
Apollo: Maybe mother wasn't here.Adama: No, she was here. She was here.
- And a little later when Apollo comes in:
Adar: (in tears) I have led the entire human race to ruin!
- "That, Mr. President... was my son."
- Watching the Atlantia explode. President Adar's last words make him very pitiable.
- "You can fly with me anytime, little brother." Just to twist the knife a little bit, Apollo tells this to Zack, just before he dies.
- Serina's death scene near the end of "Lost Planet of the Gods".
- Watching Count Iblis murder Apollo as if he were swatting a fly in "War of the Gods".
- Surprisingly enough, Commander Kronus's death scene from "Take the Celestra" was very moving.
- The fate of Cy, Starbuck's Robot Buddy in "The Return of Starbuck".
Starbuck: Cy it's just you and me now. One human and one Cylon.Cy: No Starbuck. Not human, not Cylon. Friends. (red light stops, and fades)
- Boomer and Starbuck saying goodbye in "The Return of Starbuck."
- Let's just say "The Return of Starbuck," full stop.