Tabletop Game: Wyrmwick Campaign
Wyrmwick campaign, named after the setting's kingdom's name, is a Dungeons & Dragons campaign formed by members of Channel Awesome with Lordkat serving as the Dungeon Master.
The current roster consists of three of the Dethklok
campaign - RolloT
, Y Ruler of Time, and Skitch - and two of Lordkat's good friends: SonikGav and ArcLight. The character roster has changed from time to time to accommodate schedule changes and personal preferences.
The current party:
- Lord Ka T as the Dungeon Master
- SonicGav as Jonn Dayth, a Human Fighter
- Y Ruler of Time as Dhother Cyllenae, an Elf Preserving Invoker
- Skitch as Greig Eisenbogen, a Human Archer Warlord
- RolloT as Caitlin Cormac, an Elf Scout
- ArcLight as Denora Silune, a Half-Elf Sunpriest
Every Friday, LordKaT also hosts That Tabletop Show
, where he and the players recap and discuss the events of the game. Wyrmwick
had a short-lived spin-off campaign, the PreWick Campaign
WyrmwickCampaign provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Even the players call Caitlin out on this.
- Ascended Extra: Dahl, the pirate that the party spared in an earlier session, is now a member of the party (played by Rollo_T) while Caitlin is imprisoned by the Demon Baron.
- Well, was. Until he met his untimely death at the hands of Ghadi in a recent session.
- Badass Preacher: Former party member Eli and current party member Denora.
- No mention of Brother Walken?
- Berserk Button: Don’t fuck with Alpert unless you want to get on Caitlin’s bad side. This may now extend to desecrating Alpert's name, now that Alpert has sadly passed away.
- Big Bad: Owayn, the Death Knight. Well, he was. Now he's been smote by Bahamut. The Big Bad title has now shifted to the Firstborn of Tiamat, the Demon Baron. And now again the title has shifted to the High Priest of Tiamat, with the implied death of the Demon Baron.
- Big "NO!": Dahl gave one when he learned that Felbrig fed the remains of his family to pigs after killing them.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Wez the Mad. Recent events have hinted that Wez was like this prior to his current insane state.
- Party member Jonn also displays signs of this trope as well, but nowhere near Wez's levels.
- Actually, this trope would apply to nearly all of Wyrmwick's mages. With Great Power Comes Great Insanity indeed.
- Harley the cannibal orphan.
- Bomar the Baker. In spades.
- Hell, some of the Deities are this!
"I just had Lunch today..."
- Cross Over: With Boatmurdered!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Ghadi. SWEET MOTHER GHADI!
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Caitlin is slowly becoming a near literal version of this trope.
- Defictionalization: The popularity of Wyrmwick inspired many of LordKat's followers to make Twitter accounts for... I mean, it inspired the people of the Wyrmwick universe to get Twitter accounts. Yeah.
- Downer Ending: The 5/1/11 session ends with Denora missing her eyes due to the White Orb, Greig and John being kidnapped by the Demon Baron's Dragon, and the rest of the group unable to help any of them for the time being. RolloT explicitly compared this ending to The Empire Strikes Back.
- And then the 5/21/11 session ended with the deaths of Dahl, Alpert and the implied death of the Demon Baron.
- Evil Counterpart: The Demon Baron is the Firstborn of Tiamat, making him Caitlin's opposite number.
- Exact Words: In the 5/7/11 session, the group is buying bread from Bomar the Baker, who offers "Buy four, get five free!", while they frustratedly say that they don't need that much. When they eventually give in and take the deal, LordKaT says "You now have nine loaves of journeybread". RolloT comes to the conclusion that they confused Bomar into the deal.
- Eye Scream: Denora, after taking the White Orb. Her eyes MELTED!
- Fan-Art: Quite a lot.
- Five-Man Band:
- Funny Background Event: At one point during the game RolloT has mic problems and has to use the in-game chatbox. In the middle of a relatively unimportant discussion between Skitch and Lordkat, Nik and Chris can be seen in the chatbox arguing about half-dragon blowjobs.
- Heel Face Door Slam: The Demon Baron, claiming he was more of a Noble Demon than outright villain, did his best to help Caitlin escape from his tower. Said actions have essentially cost him his life.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Uttered by both Caitlin and Dhother after she began turning into a dragon and he got cockslapped by Corellan in a vision.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: LordKaT chose to give one of the party member's dragon powers solely because it would be awesome.
- It's Personal: When Owayn starts attacking the party's allies. Caitlin uses the exact words after Albert is attacked.
- Its Pronounced Tro Pay: Caitlin (Cat-leen rather than kate-lin).
- Jerkass: Spoony randomly comes in during the fourth session and insults the players for laughing at Lord Ka T's use of bee-worshiping soldiers. He goes too far and insults RolloT's weight and the group's intelligence, and accuses them of "shitting on" Lord Ka T's campaign, despite Lord Ka T himself laughing at their jokes and playing along. The game is somewhat uncomfortable to watch (or listen to) for a few minutes afterward, and it's clear that everyone is pretty annoyed or angry with Spoony's interruption (even the chat fills up with stuff like "Spoony, calm down" and "Spoony, stop being a jerk" and the like).
- Kick the Dog: It's one thing for Lord Felbrigg to have insanely strict taxation laws, but then he killed Dahl's family and fed them to pigs for failing to pay three gold in taxes.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: During their time in Zeliah’s Crypt the party took just about everything that wasn’t nailed down including the moss.
- Last Request: Dahl.
- Les Yay: The twin succubi encounter involved one succubus planting a nice kiss on Denora. And Denora enjoyed it as well.
- Mighty Glacier: Jonn Dayth.
- Mood Whiplash: On the one hand you have things like Large Ham Eli and Duke Ned's Domestic Abuse of his son Timmy (played entirely for laughs). On the other, you have Denora's eyeballs melting out of her head thanks to a magic artifact and a family being killed and fed to pigs for failing to pay three gold pieces in taxes.
- At one point when dealing with Bomar the Baker, Dahl laments "Why is everyone in this town insane?!"
- Painful Transformation: Caitlin when she grew dragon wings. She still suffers from the occassional transformation that by all means is not painless.
- Pals with Jesus: Well, 'pals' would be stretching it quite a bit...
- Power Gives You Wings: Caitlin, after drinking a potion, now has dragon wings and may or may not be turning into the vessel for Bahamut. Since then, she has decided to become the firstborn of Bahamut.
- Put on a Bus: Spoony's Character Azad Tyron left the group to return to the Underdark shortly after descovering what Olwaine had been doing to the Drow Slaves they recovered.
- RolloT's character Eli DeLucci departed the group shortly after the battle of the south Watchtower to rally aid from the Church of Palor.
- The Bus Came Back: Eli has returned as the new High Priest of the Church of Pelor in Collensgrove, thanks to the recommendation of the party, who got the old Priest committed unintentionally while using the secret portal in his closet.
- ArcLight's Kithra Eralin left about the same time with Eli, heading for Elven Lands to rally the Followers of Corellon and to warn the Elves the Demon Baron has returned in force.
- Skitch's Character Drew Arris met with a messenger from his home land in Collensgrove, and was forced to depart suddenly from the group to return home to attend to family matters.
- Rasputinian Death: The immoral (and immortal) Lord Felbrigg ended up being killed, chopped into pieces, wrapped up in his cloak with chains, and dropped into the ocean. RolloT referred to this as Dio Brando-ing him.
- Art Imitates Life: A couple of days later, details surfaced about Osama bin Laden's death, which surprisingly mirrored Felbrigg's. The major difference being that bin Laden was buried at sea because no country would accept his remains.
- The Reveal: Wez is Bahamut. Well, sort of. Part of Bahamut is trapped in the person known as Wez the Mad. The real Wesley is dead; however, the fragment of Bahamut that was not trapped in Zelilah's crystal (which is where most of his spirit was trapped) followed Wesley's body jumping experiments and survived to the present day. And Bahamut likes to turn things pink, apparently.
- The Demon Baron, built up to be a grand villain, is in fact a helpless pawn of the High Priest of Tiamat. His attempts to redeem himself have more than likely resulted in his death.
- Jonn is set to be the next Demon Baron.
- Running Gag: Several so far.
- Wez the Mad turning almost anything he sees pink (Which is something Wez would do even when he was sane).
- ArcLight not being able to get a good roll.
- After facing an opponent that had the habit of turning everyone into rabbits, fanart of the characters as rabbits (especially the female characters) appeared quite rapidly. There's even one of a (now inactive) female character from Spoony's Dethklok campaign!
- Former party member Eli's Verbal Tic.
- "You are an elf, but you have wings!"
- Caitlin and Dhother's sexual tension, which may end with 'Angry Flying Dragon Sex', and may involve Denora to some degree.
- "Damn it, Timmy! Don't make me slap you with My Cock!"
- Dhother's Brilliant Beacon spell was misheard as "Brilliant Bacon" at first. It stuck.
- Jonn took a riddle of Wez quite literally while the party was locked in jail (with Wez, who they had recently captured) and began poking the wall of his cell to see if there were any weak points. "Wall pokes" have caught on as a result.
- It's my birthday!
- The guards at Wyrmwick's prison, Geoff and Gary, seeing all the weird crap that happens to the party.
- "Can I have a sandwich?"
- "Long story, but...magic."
- "Remember, the safe word is "Banana"."
- Shoulder party members
- Dhother's hair
- Dhother's rosary
- Bomar's complete ineptitude, and the party's inability to get away from him.
- Poop buckets.
- "IT'S A METAPHOR!!!"
- Coffin apples. And Dhother eating coffin apples.
- When the party is going somewhere, people (mostly Lord Ka T) like to suggest that they go there through the Citadel of Gilgamad the Gruesome. (The Citadel is on the other side of the world map from Wyrmwick, giving them little reason to go there.)
Denora/ArcLight: We could take a detour of Gilgamad the Gruesome.
Dother/YRoT: Wh... No!
Denora/ArcLight: It's only a block away~!
Dother/YRoT: No, it's not! It's much more than a block away!
- "Touch my sword"
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Dhother and Caitlin
- Schrödinger's Gun: Lord Kat has admitted he had to use it when the players decided to take down Olwaine before they were supposed to.
- Serious Business: In the 5/6 episode of That Tabletop Show, LordKaT says that he got an email from a viewer who demanded that he Retcon the 5/1 session (see Downer Ending above) because it was so dark and depressing that it made the viewer cry. This was followed by RolloT, Skitch, and Arclight defending the dark elements by pointing out that Wyrmwick may be silly but there's always been a serious undercurrent.
- Shout-Out: The Dwarf Fortress they go to is named Boatmurdered.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: The joke is that Caitlin and Dhother act this way with the "kiss" occurring after the session ends.
- Sudden Realization: Dhother realizing that the portals in the mountains where they find Harley may actually be allowing demons to move about the countryside, and evil forces such as Ghadi are helping.
- Talking to Himself: Subverted. Caitlin does not interact with Eli when the latter makes a return appearance.
- Played straight with NPCs, as they are all voiced by Lord Kat.
- Throw It In: Lord Kat's approach to DMing.
- Tomboyand Girly Girl: Caitlin and Denora, respectively.
- Unflinching Walk: Session 14, as immortalized in this picture.◊
- Unfortunate Names: Sometimes LordKaT's random name generator produces some real stinkers, like Dahl (formerly Skynet Antigravity) the pirate and Pantikrabs. So far its only success was naming the group's ship: the Mighty Gauntlet.
- Was. Bomar the Baker burned it to ashes. He made a campfire on the deck to bake bread on.
- Verbal Tic: Former party member Eli always would start a sentence with "I do believe".
- Alpert's manner of speaking or laughing (it's not clear exactly what it is).
- And the Elderly Elf Mage.
"Bomar make bread! Bomar make dragon lady special bread."
- Wham Episode: In session 15, Lord Ka T flat out murders Dahl, Alpert and the Demon Baron, Dhother goes insane, the party meets an orphan cannibal whose best friend is a skull named Mr. Chappy and Bomar burns down the party's boat.
- What the Hell, Player?: A minor version occurred when LordKat commented on the fact that everyone sat there staring for five minutes while Caitlin started growing wings (very painfully) and didn't lift a finger to help. He was mostly teasing though.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity
's recap of Session 9) Apparently studying the arcane arts in this world leads you to be a complete freak. Note to self: kill all mages.