Super Awesome Action Heroes
is a Tabletop RPG
designed to emulate action movies. It is both awesome and sweet.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Hero - The whole point.
- Bamboo Technology - Well, not necessarily bamboo, but the Scientist can build pretty much anything with just some unrelated spare parts.
- Big Bad - The Main Villain, who gets a +1 to every single roll.
- Bottomless Magazines - If you say your character grabs an extra clip, suddenly you have unlimited ammo.
- Class and Level System - There are a number of typical action movie Archetypes to choose from, each with their own perks. You level up when you start a new "movie."
- Crowning Moment of Awesome - Pretty much the basis for the "Sweet Move."
- Everything Is Online - If the Haxor can access a computer, it can find out anything at all you need to know.
- Fantasy Character Classes - An expansion allows you to use your Sweet Moves against orcs!
- The Hero - The Primary Character PC who likewise gets a +1 bonus to every roll.
- I Know Mortal Kombat - The Haxor class gets a bonus to their Guns stat thanks to all those FPS games they play.
- Mook - Any NPC who's not the Big Bad or his Five-Bad Band is labeled as "Fodder."
- Paper-Thin Disguise - The main gimmick of the Spy archetype.
- Rule Of Cool - The Sweet Move mechanic. You can do pretty much anything if you describe it awesomely enough.