"Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters TCG" is the second TCG of the Duel Masters Franchise, based on the (Western created) Continuity Reboot. It was released June 26, 2012, the same month as the animated series, and was discontinued on August 29, 2014.The game is extremely similar to the first "Duel Masters card game" but different enough that the two games "can not be played together", according to Wizards of the Coast, the creator of the card game. There are three sources of incompatibility:
- Differing card designs (the front and the back of the cards are different)
- Cards that appear in Kaijudo from Duel Masters no longer work the same way or have different mana costs
- Change in the mana rule
This game provides example of:
- Card Game
- Expy: Many cards are extremely similar to those of the first TCG. Or even identical.
- Lighter and Softer: After seeing the images, it's clear that the game is meant to be less dark than the first TCG.
- Self-Plagiarism: Of the first card game, which in turn is a plagiarism of Magic: The Gathering.