Tabletop Game: Fortress Celestia
Fortress Celestia is a homebrew Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 setting created by Frodo Goofball Co TV as an Affectionate Parody of the setting, Planescape.note Part of the concept was posted D&D Wiki here.
- After the End: The gods managed to screw up an entire multiverse. Only 8 planes of existance are currently known to have survived.
- Character Alignment
- Enemy Civil War, Evil Versus Evil, Order Versus Chaos, The Good, the Bad, and the Evil: The Back Story. Chaotic Evil and Lawful Evil planes faught each other. Order defeated chaos, but at the price of thoroughly tainting itself with corruption. The celestial high command's overall strategy is to get them fighting again.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink Well, it IS a parody of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Heaven and Hell: some of the planes are, or were literal Heavens and Hells
- Circles of Hell: There are a lot of these....
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: a subversion. Fluffy white clouds are more likely to be home to monsters, Sky Pirates, or hailstones than people with wings, though it has been known to happen.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell / Ironic Hell: played straight some places, and subverted in others.
- A Hell of a Time: If you're a Nightmare Fetishist or a Card-Carrying Villain with Impossibly Cool Wealth, look no further.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place, because all the place names are Meaningful Names.
- Punk Punk, just because.
- Scenery Porn, because:
- Scenery Gorn: The whole multiverse is a patchwork kluge, and the landscape still bears the scars. Even in Heaven, there's places like "The Isles of Battle". And let's face it, huge lava - filled chasms, gigantic wierd - shaped mountains, and for some, macabre scenes on an epic scale, are actually pretty cool.
- Areas where more pleasant things flourish tend to look like Arcadia, Crystal Spires and Togas, the Ghibli Hills, or The Sky Is an Ocean.
- The Barrens of Evil: A former Lawful Evil hell, then known as 'The Nine', now it has become The Empire, gobbling up smaller hells. Surface conditions vary from Fire and Brimstone Hell to Grim Up North to Mordor (What did you expect with a name like 'The Barrens of Evil'?). However, it can also be A Hell of a Time. For most of the inhabitants, however, it's Desert Punk with Magitek... and Demons.
- The Broken Machine: A former Lawful Neutral Heaven, now a Vestigial Empire and Lawful Stupid hell. A Clock Punk Cloud Cuckooland Crapsack World filled with Obstructive Bureaucrats.
- The Celestial Courts: A Lawful Neutral / True Neutral heaven and headquaters of The Multiverse's Celestial Bureaucracy. Also contains Tailor Made Prisons for criminal gods and serves as Hell for literal lost souls. While prisoners and slaves live in unpleasant surroundings, for the Planar Lords it's a world of Magitek Steam Punk Crystal Spires and Togas.
- The Chaos Plane: A Chaotic Neutral / Cloud Cuckoolander Heaven. Here, The Sky Is an Ocean... an ocean of Cloud Cuckoolander imagination gone wild. Both celestial and fiendish armies and Planar Lords have tried to conquer it. Most of them were never seen from again.
- The Plane of Elemental Substances: A Hammerspace that serves as the source of Elemental Baggage. The inhabitants are predominantly Elemental Embodiments who tend towards being True Neutral or Above Good and Evil.
- Fortress Celestia: Formerly, a Lawful Good Heaven, now a dystopian federation resisting The Barrens of Evil... Fortress Celestia is a 'beseiged castle the size of five universes' and includes everything from Arcadian paradises, to peaceful wilderness, to Ocean Punk Anti-Hero Island Bases.
- The Plane of Ideological Conflict:: A former True Neutral heaven, now a war-torn hell. It plays The Kingdom to the the Barrens' empire and the Fortress' federation.
- The Transit Plane: an endless open void Hammerspace providing passage between other planes, complete with Sky Punk Magitek Vehicles, Sky Pirates, etc.