Tabletop Game / Fan Adv
is a d20-based fantasy RPG designed by Nicholas Fletcher. Designed with a stated goal of balance, the original version was released following a Kickstarter in 2014; the rules underwent a major revision in 2016.
The core rules are available here: fanadvsrd.com
FanAdv contains examples of:
- An Adventurer Is You/Fantasy Character Classes: Naturally.
- The Fighter is a master of combat styles.
- The Barbarian is a savage warrior prone to rage.
- The Monk is an unarmed master of Ki Manipulation.
- The Rogue is a stealthy thief who strikes from the shadows.
- The Expert is an unrivaled master of skills.
- The Wizard and Sorcerer wield the mystic power of the arcane.
- The Cleric and Favored channel the might of the gods.
- Character Alignment: The classic nine alignments are all present.
- Character Level: Of course. Characters start at level 1 and advance to infinity and beyond.
- Damage Reduction: Damage reduction is an important defense for higher level characters. Enchanted armor provides it if your Physical Prowess is high enough.
- Loads and Loads of Rules
- No Cure for Evil: Averted. All divine casters have equal access to healing magic.
- The Six Stats: Present and accounted for.