Everyone else loves The Other Troper!
The Other Troper... You know her and love her. She's the troper who makes the most constructive edits, always pot holes
correctly, has excellent spelling
, and radiates a soft glow of purity into the wiki
Contrast That Troper
. This Troper
is a red link to stop people using it in articles (something that The Other Troper
wouldn't ever dream of doing, of course).
The Other Troper Facts
- She never posts on Darth Wiki, Sugar Wiki, Headscratchers, or Wild Mass Guessing, she just cleans those pages up. She only contributes to the main page and moves YMMV tropes and trivia to the YMMV and Trivia page, respectively. She's never added to this page, but she tidies it up every once in a while.
- She reads the trope article, the laconic article, and every single example before posting her own example.
- Her articles never get Cut Listed. She is, however, a Cut Master.
- She's a member of People Letting All Trope Titles Exist Relishably.
- She never misuses the term subversion or aversion.
- She never uses Wikipedia Formatting, because she hates Wikipedia and all that it stands for. Alternatively, she loves Wikipedia and realizes that its mission is different from ours.
- She never makes a Justifying Edit.
- She's a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Avatar The Last Airbender, but doesn't shoehorn them into every trope.
- She has the power of Wiki Magic.
- You like her... you really like her!
- When she gets nominated for a Made of Win (which is often) she always shares the credit where it is due. She also bakes cookies and distributes them generously when other tropers get a Made of Win nomination (naturally, the Made of Win nominations she suggests are always impeccable).
- She always cleans up after That Troper.
- She was the one that launched the page on that obscure work you thought only you had heard of.
- Her mileage never varies.
- She's practically perfect in every way.
- She never posts examples using a certain hooded, kidnapping fellow.
- She understands that every genre has its own merits, and enjoys a good sci-fi novel or western-animated cartoon as much as she enjoys Literary Fiction or anime.
- She understands how to analyze works properly and she doesn't use the People Sit On Chairs-like tropes whenever she types up a page for a work.
- She doesn't delete tropes that are obvious to the characters.
- Whenever you put an example that isn't actually correct, she tells you nicely why it isn't an example without being snarky and rude.
- She insists on putting examples in ABC order or by characters and seasons to make sure tropers are able to locate the examples faster.
- She knows the best memes! And when it's appropriate to use them.
- She participates in trope cleanups, but is careful enough to analyze each and every example to see if it fits the trope before deciding whether or not to delete it, even if unfamiliar with the work.
- She always finds a balance between posting a Wall of Text example and a Zero Context Example.