"We’re the Sanchezes. We deal with more dimensional who-ha than a Doctor Who/X-Men crossover."Sanchez Chronicles (the collective name for the Sanchezes franchise, going from The Chronicles of Zander and Thom Sanchez, all the way to Sanchez Chronicles: Beyond Dimensional and Mortal Bonds) is a series about Zander Sanchez, a godly being who leaves reality to create his own paradise far away from the world of the humans and follows his immortal family gifted with insurmountable power, travelling through space and dimensions and all the friends and allies that they encounter. It premiered on the now-defunct Skwid as God Squad on July 8th, 1988, before the channel was bought out and became Ultra TV in 2003, around the same time that God Squad: End of Ends had reached its final season, and was revamped as The Chronicles of Zander and Thom Sanchez. To date, the show's cast, counting its sister series Ballistic, boasts over 80 characters, most of which are not human and phenomenally powerful.The series' most enduring concept is adding anyone into their universe with little context, Even if this can backfire. Most of this comes from the fact that nothing is impossible or improbable, though some of the team is questionable at best.The Sanchez’s, for the most part, are more often ‘recruited’ because of three reasons: 1) they have powers, 2) they are mistreated and/or unhappy in life, 3) they want a chance to succeed in something greater or want something that would be impossible. It’s mostly the majority of them and, with few and far between exception, all of them became Sanchezes mostly due to losing their original memories or because of Zander’s manipulation, though this is mostly for the best and some even join voluntarily and most even stay after The Reveal. However, Zander doesn't just use them or kidnap them, rather genuinely makes their lives better and tries to fulfill their wishes; there is a reason he called it the Dream Realm after all.
— Lacey Alexis Sanchez, referencing Marcy trying to explain her absense
— Lacey Alexis Sanchez, referencing Marcy trying to explain her absense
This work contains examples of:
- Artificial Human- Just about every character in the series, even when most of them aren't actually human, has a humanoid appearance.
- It’s established that the denizens of the Dream Realm can teleport and enter dreams.
- Everything's Better with Princesses- Isn't that right Stephanie, Ivy, May, Amber, Camille, Alice, Skyla, and Clara? No, not that Clara
- One-Winged Angel- Most of the powerful enough Gods in this series, in particular Zander, Thom, Xekkyl Lucifer, and Melinda just to name a few, are able to use their True Forms for a time and destroy everything.
- Dark is Not Evil- a HUGE theme and motif of the series, except when it isn’t.
- I Just Want to Be Normal- Mostly Katie, but Carol [[Flanderization had this as an arc]] and quite a few other Sanchezes have this as well.
- Girl Next Door- A lot of the Sanchezes start out as this and some even stay this way. Again, Katie is the best example.
- Crowded Cast Shot- the last shot of the finale.
- Badass Grandpa- General Timothy Sanchez, though a lot are also applicable.
- Cool Uncle- Zander and Thom both have their respective nieces/nephews who favor them or look up to them.
- White Sheep- Brenda comes from a rather infamous family of Dark Magic users. Her last name is literally Dark Skull (spelled Darcscull).
- Black Sheep- A lot of the Sanchezes were this before. Also, a few unseen members of their extended family.Lacey Alexis- this is Katie. She was adopted.
Katie- I wish you’d stop introducing me like that.
Lacey Alexis- Well, they’re gonna find out eventually. You’re the only ginger in the family, except Aunt Angela but we don’t really talk about her anymore since she went crazy.
* The Clan- several, not counting the eponymous Sanchezes; The Lucifers, the Manchezes, the Darcsculls, the Oliverses, the Heirlds, just to name a few.
- One Name Only- there are only about a handful of Sanchezes, and even some Lucifers, who have their surname revealed onscreen. Also, Trent.Kaldaline- who are you?
Kaldaline- Trent what?
Trent- what else do I need?
* Emancipated Child- Vanessa Blackheart.
- Empty Nest- Alex and Jasmine Olivers experience this after their children move in with the Sanchezes. Until Sylvia comes along, that is.
- Evil Uncle- Xekkyl is frequently refers to Xekkyl to his children as ‘Uncle Xekkyl.’
- Also Clarissa’s uncle Master Ringmaster (aka Ned Omnison).
- Dumb Blonde- frequently averted, but sometimes subverted.
- Family Honor
- Feuding Families- the Manchezes and Womanchezes
- Rule 50- the fucking premise.
- Comic-Book Adaptation- This also happens to be an Old Shame.
- Turn Out Like His Father- Lacey Alexis is Zander Sanchez’s daughter.
- Alternate Timeline- Paradyse; frequently brought out in What If episodes.
- Alternate Universe- several.
- Royal Blood
- Bratty Half-Pint- Millie. What the hell was Thom thinking?
- Cousin Oliver- Betty.
- The Scrappy- Millie. Seriously, what the hell was Thom thinking?!?
- Fan-Preferred Couple- Katie and Charlie.
- Action Girl- every female member of the cast—to an extent.
- The Lancer- Skyler’s is Vixxy, Vixxy’s is Benedict, Zander’s is Thom, Lacey Alexis’s is Marcy.
- The Ace- it’s hard to pick just one, since a new one always comes along and takes their place. Lacey Alexis stood as this the longest.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother- done to explain Lacey Alexis’s 22-year-old son Kaldaline and used a lot with Katie and Glenda.
- Entitled Bastard- Zander, especially, but Charlie shows this at points.
- Action Dad- Zander, Thom, and even Timothy.
- Happily Adopted- Sophie, Charlie, Liza, Skylar, and Katie (the last one eventually).
- Phrase Catcher- Lacey Alexis. “You really are Zander’s daughter!”
- Human Mom Non Human Dad- Zander and his FOURTH wife Stacey, making Lacey Alexis a God being the child of an Ancient God and a human.
- Character Development
- Evil Counterpart- The Lucifers
- Orphanage of Fear- Charlie and Sophie both had separate experiences from this.
- Parental Substitute- Zander is this to Skylar, even adopting her as his own by the end; something similar happens with Sir Alexander and Ashley. Also, Xekkyl to Nick and Christy
- Papa Wolf- Zander
- Playing with Fire- Molly
- Overprotective Father Figure- Donnie is this to Huckleberry.
- Cool Big Sis / Cool Big Bro- Sabrina and Zebb respectively; Lacey Alexis and Charlie. A lot of the Sanchezes do express this more than a few times.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!- The Sanchezes can buy their way out of absolutely everything, though, it’s not like there anywhere that can hold them.
- Team Mom / Team Dad- Lacey Alexis and Charlie respectively.
- Superpower Lottery
- Magical Girl- Sabrina, Marcy, Lacey Alexis, Sierra, Stephanie, Sakura (exactly what you think), Skyla, and Lily, just to name a few; the boys being Freddie and Michael.
- Dark Magical Girl- Indigo, Jodi, Natasha, Vanessa, Brenda, Sadie, Lizzy; the boys are Nick, and Lizzy’s big brothers Benedict, Jack, and Edward.
- Badass Crew- Drake and Brett’s respective gangs (the Dragons and the New Amsterdam Royals); plus the obvious
- Crack Pairing- anything in Death City
- The Smart Guy- Kyle, Eloise, Grace, Allison, Shiloh.
- Ms Fan Service- Jenny’s girlfriend Trudy, though she’s not the only one, just the best example.
- Our Wings Are Different- Christy, being a Dark Angel, has Raven wings, Vixxy has Crow wings, Sophie, an archangel, has Dove wings, and Skylar and Skyla both have their own wings.
- Cute Witch- Brenda. She even has the pointy hat and wand, though she is an Archaic Witch.
- I Am Not My Father- Zander made a vow that he would ever become like his father.
- Tangled Family Tree- Zander gets around… a lot.
- Secret Art- Shadow Magic, which can only be used by someone with a corrupt enough soul. [[Bad Powers, Good People Though, most don’t abuse this]].
- Blue and Orange Morality- Zander  about how his kids use their powers, or even what he does with his own; Steve, however, knows what he wants.
- Deliberately Cute Child- Liza and BettyLiza- Why don’t you want to play with me, Daddy? Don’t you love me?
—>Of course I do, sweetheart. It’s just Daddy can only spend so much time with you before he needs a root canal.
—>'''Lacey Alexis- Oh c’mon, Liza is about 20 times cuter than a baby penguin and a kitten in the same blanket.
* Butt Monkey- Collin, formally Michael
- Make-Out Kids- played straight with Huck and Stacey (Manchez). They even break a world record for making out for a week straight.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys- Katie, Bridgette, Robyn, Christy, Wendy, Alice, wow that’s a lot!
- Token Boy- Patrick in C-Squad; Benedict in Ballistic.
- Kid from the Future- Lacey Alexis, Katie, Molly, Michael, Charlie, Millie, Marcy
- Boxing Episode- ‘Cute’ Alice is a boxer, and the Golden Glove champion.
- Hidden Depths- Bridgette’s story arc, involving Zander consistently abusing her to the point he started to question his actions, caused Zander to have a BSOD and finally completely snap from the realization of becoming his father and essentially lobotomize himself by removing his violent tendencies.
- So Proud of You- every member of Ballistic gets this from their respective mentor, especially Skyler. Though, he does give her a chance to prove herself to become a Sanchez.
- Promotion to Parent- Kim gets this for Jason, until they're found by Zander and adopted by Alex Olivers.
- Rags to Royalty- Charlie
- Love Interest- all over the place
- Big Damn Movie- though the initial show was titled God Squad for a while, the Sanchez’s enjoyed a fairly long-running and progressively successful film series dubbed God Wars, taken Up to Eleven with God Wars: Armageddon, seeing the release of Xekkyl Lucifer, who takes Zander’s place and gets him sent to Purgatory in exchange.
- Grand Finale- On the eve of J.C.’s Apocalypse Party, Zander’s father comes back, and he has Zander’s ability to steal powers, in particular Zander’s hyposis. He uses this to compile together his own, more superior roster of gods to destroy and his son’s work and see him die at his feet for killing him, and beating his grandchildren into dominance. He actually becomes so powerful that he’s able to absorb Zander’s True Form and his power—which is exactly what Zander wanted, for now he’s become a threat to All Known Existence, thus forcing the Creator of Reality to step in and remove him from time and space. At Zander’s request, the Creators instead replace him with Zander’s grandfather Timothy who takes over S-Squad in his son’s place. Also, at some point, Lacey Alexis admits to Katie that she’s her best friend, and they all watch the Earth destroyed, only for God to announce his creation of Earth 2.
- Physical God- Zander Sanchez himself, and his brother Thom and baby sister Melinda, all of whom share the immense and nigh-immeasureable power that come from Zander being struck down by the gods themselves.
- *They all also fit the Deity of Human Origin trope.
- What the Hell, Hero?- Zander goes through a lot of these, but then again he never claims to be the hero.
- So Proud of You- Stephanie seeks this from Lacey Alexis, but ultimately she admits this is unattainable.
- Shrinking Violet- Marcy was this before getting lost in space, but then came back as Action Girl.
- Wise Beyond Their Years- quite a lot of Zander’s kids seem a lot smarter than they probably should be, including Liza, with an IQ of 122.
- Feminine Girls Can Cook- Sophie aspires to be a great chef and thus cooks for the Sanchezes.
- Rubber Girl- Cathy.
- Name's the Same- Holly, Jenny, Alice, Katie, and Violet all have nicknames to distinguish them from characters with the exact same name; for example, there are at least three Jenny’s and Alice’s
- Spear Counterpart- the Manchezes
- Archnemesis Dad- Zander’s father’s murder was essentially the kickstart of the series.
- Spell My Name with a "The"- William Liteross, feeling himself unable to live amongst the ‘happy people,’ called himself William, before finally became a ‘faceless entity’ known only The Writer.
- The Writer has a brother who calls himself The Artist, and who Zero and Bright refer to as ‘Uncle Art.’