- Some of the hidden dungeons references some anime series. The Asura Cryin' one has constantly damaging ice floors, the Shakugan no Shana one prohibits normal attacks (requiring over the top special attacks every time you wish to do anything), etc etc.
- The ultimate shoutout is the final bonus dungeon. Zettai Hero Project, Ultimate Chapter: MAKAI WARS. Yes, they named the final bonus dungeon after Makai Wars, the PSP game that they announced at the PSP launch which was later killed by Sony because they didn't want the PSP to have a sprite-based game on it. Oh, what a difference a few years and commercial success makes.
- Jean Noire is visually based on Dr. Black Jack.
- There is an absolutely amazing amount of references to anime, mecha and toku within the skills and equipment. Turn A's moonlight butterfly makes an appearance, alongside Alt Eisen's revolver stake, Wing Gundam Zero's Twin Buster Cannon, Shaider's helmet, RX-78's Last Shooting, Ez 8's Falling Alpha Strike, Seiya's Meteor Punch, V2 Gundam's Wings of Light, Cobra's Psychogun, Gundam's Funnels and Mazinger's Jet Scrander. Combined with a simultaneous mocking and respectfully playing straight of all the qualities a hero is supposed to embody and protect, Z.H.P is a wonderful tribute.
- The Dragon Claw is a powerful, weaponized Grappling-Hook Pistol, just like the Dragon Claw in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, where it was the best claw-type weapon.
- The WHS goons are pretty much the grunts from Shocker. Complete with kikikikikikikikiki.
- Observe the following Remember that jumpsuit. Then look at the outfit of the main character before he becomes Unlosing Ranger. Then remember the Shadowgram. "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to create the perfect Unlosing Ranger."
- One of the end of chapter scenes has a direct reference to 4chan and the "Delicious Cake" meme.
- One of Darkdeath's diary entries references an Apocalyptic Log from the first Resident Evil, where the writer became increasingly occupied by how itchy itchy hungry he was. This time with more boobies.
- When Noa smacks Etranger, the former utters a line from the original Spiderman series, "With great power comes great responsibility." Etranger fires back by yelling at Noa that her mom didn't ever hit her, a line uttered by Amuro Ray from the original Mobile Suit Gundam series.
- Speaking of Spider-man, Pirohiko's dead uncle used to say exactly the same phrase.
- The Unlosing Ranger's suit is a reference to Choujin Sentai Jetman and Kagaku Ninja Gatchaman.
Shout Out / Zettai Hero Project
Since it's a NIS-made game, expect to see lots and lots of shoutouts and references in the game.