open/close all foldersThe Very Potter musicals have their own shout out page here.
Me And My Dick
- A Very Potter Musical
- The Sword of Godric Gryffindor is in Tiffany's box of sex toys
- Vanessa tells Flopsy that "every time I see [Rick] I get these pains in my chest." Ron says this to Harry about Hermione.
- High School Musical gets quoted a few times; "Get your head in the game, man," and, "If we're all in this together, you can bet we're breaking free."
- Heart monologues about While You Were Sleeping.
- In the very first scene there is a reference to "Dick in a Box"
- This being Starkid, there is a nod to Spider-Man.
- Big T's call-and-response portion of "Land of the Dicks" is taken directly from the song "Zoot Suit Riot" by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies.
- "It's time to go back... Back to our Starship."
- Many to Alien
- Up's story about his famous injury is full of Shout Outs.
- During "Kick it Up a Notch: Reprise," Junior is wearing pink sunglasses.
- Joey's trademark headband appears, and is even important to the plot.
- "Yeah, he used to be all that and a bag of Flavofives!"
- Megagirl's inhibitor chip is similar to Doc Ock's in Spider-Man 2.
- The show is full of Expys; Taz is Vasquez, Up is Old Snake, and Megagirl appears to be Lady Gaga.
- The Galactic League of Extraterrestrial Exploration.
- "Put them together and what have you got?"
- The mammal February encounters happily exclaims, "Pika-Pi!"
- A larger mammal says, "Totoro!"
- Dr. Space Claw
- "All hail Astro Boy!"
- Megamind appears in the opening sequence.
- "And I admit it's all in my head/ But who says it can't be real?"
- One of Taz's stories about how Up is tough is that once, when a group of bullies picked on her because she's small and likes to read, she got on Up's back and they both chased the bullies into a dumpster.
- And the time he taught her calculus.
- Junior calling Megagirl a toaster is a reference to Battlestar Galactica (2003), where toaster is a racial slur for cylon (android).
- Penguin: ...more like Le Cage Aux Fools!
- A reference to the Team's past show Starship appears when one of the mob bosses tells his henchman that, "You make me laugh like nobody else," a direct quote of something Buggette said to Bug in the former show.
- See if the snozzberries taste like snozzberries... .
- Lauren Lopez as Commissioner Gordon looks more like Mark Twain, and at one point he talks about writing The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
- When Robin asks Candy if she is hurt after getting hit by Sweet Tooth, she replies that "it felt like a kiss," which is an allusion to a song by The Crystals. It's also something said by Harlequin about the Joker's abuse of her in the comic "Mad Love".
- "Robin make Batman happy," is a reference to the line "Ursula make George happy" from George of the Jungle.
- Sweet Tooth's Hannibal Lecture includes the line "Momma always said life is like a bunch of chocolates."
- To the Ho Yay in Sherlock:
Evil!Sherlock: Now I'll never be able to walk Evil!Watson down the aisle!
- Forget Sherlock, the original stories were full of Ho Yay.
- The "rabble rabble" gag the citizens do may be a SO to a minor recurring gag in the earlier seasons of South Park.
- "I say we KILL the Bat!" All of the emphasis and the pattern the words are delivered are a clear shout out to Gaston's "I say we KILL the Beast!"
- Frequent mentions of the heroes wanting to play Nintendo with each other.
- There are many shout outs to The Dark Knight Saga including, "I won't kill you, that doesn't mean I have to save you", "This town has shown you that's full of people ready to believe in good" and Alfred saying the Batcave was used to help runaway slaves. Also one of the Gotham citizens has a "I believe in Harvey Dent" shirt. Another has a "Why So Serious?" shirt
- During "To Be A Man", Superman says "To be the man you gotta beat the man."
- Naturally, a lot from the Disney canon:
Ensemble: He could be skewered by a sailing ship or hanged in tangled jungle vines or eaten by hyenas or he'll plummet to his death from a castle, a clock, or a cliff!
- All the supposed dirty subliminal messages get referenced at once, centered around "Good teenagers, take off your clothes."
- So many references to the Disney villains. One memorable instance is toward the end of "Dream A Little Harder."
- Belle from Beauty and the Beast makes an appearance in the beginning when she tells Ja'far to "keep his fat face out of that motherfucking book"
- Aladdin quotes Light Yagami: "Could anyone else have come this far?"
- Aladdin's split personality is very similar to a scene from Spider-Man.
- Obviously, as this is essentially a show consisting of new arrangements of Starkid's greatest hits, it's chock-full of shout outs to their previous works. However, there are also some new ones in there, such as the Funny Background Event where Brian Holden, launching into "It's Not Over Yet" from A Very Potter Sequel in response to Joe Walker doubting his plans, force-chokes Joe for not believing in him.
The Trail To Oregon!