Shout Out: Showa & Vampire
Showa & Vampire contains many Shout Outs to various franchises. Just to name a few...
- The weapons that Showa uses, namely the Laser Saber, the Vulcan Shooter and the Gravity Hammer, were weapons based from Halo and Star Wars.
- Showa's Legacy Mode is based on Gokai Silver's Gold Form.
- Kamen Rider Liger is based on Liger Zero. Kamen Rider Liger is the fanfiction author Kamen Rider Bushido's homage to Zoids' mascot mecha Liger Zero, and each form Liger uses corresponds to one of the forms Zoids' Liger Zero is capable of using.
- Suzaku is based on Liger Zero's Fuzor Partner, Fire Phoenix.
- Shinichi's bike, the Cyclone-X3, created by both Yuji and Netto, is based on Placido's D-Wheel "The Terrible Omen".
- The name probably derives from Cyclone, the name of the bikes owned by the original two Kamen Riders, with the 3 referencing it being the third with that name.
- Yuji's D-Wheel, White Blaze, is a homage to White Blaze from Ronin Warriors.
- The Mobirider and Rider Keys that Necros use are based on the Mobirate and Ranger Keys of the Gokaigers.
- Kamen Rider Mega is one to Mega Man Star Force.
- Mega's Photon Debugger is named after a particular Keyblade.
- Yuji's Karyuu techniques and Elle's Tenryuu techniques are from Fairy Tail.
- As stated above, Kamen Rider Showa's armor is one to Higurashi: When They Cry. In fact, he is also one to Moka Akashiya herself, whose eyes also change from green to red depending on how dangerous she is.
- Kamen Rider Liger's Torrent Form is a twofer: The armor and capabilities is modeled after Abyss Gundam and its Finishing Move shares a name with one of Wargreymon X's techniques.
- Abyss's armor is based on Joey Wheeler's Ritual Monster Lord of the Red.
- Hmmm, a female vampire named Seras? Is she part of the Hellsing Organization?
- The color schemes of Kamen Riders Storm and Dynamo are a shout-out to the Gouraigers.
- The insert song for their first battle is Full Force, the fight song from Kamen Rider Kabuto, the two primary riders of which have the same beetle motif.
- Chapter 4, after Shinichi exposes Gin as the Peeping Tom:
Gin: "This is slander!"Shinichi: "Slander? Slander!? This! Is! Youkai Academy!"
- Chapter 6: The No-Holds-Barred Beatdown of the fanboys was taken from Red vs. Blue when Tex was beating up the Reds and Tucker.
- Also, the fanboys make a reference to Gigantor when Showa assumed Kamen Rider J's Jumbo Formation, with Kurumu berating them for it.
- The giant Mook formed by an army of Mooks dogpiling each other is just like King KuneKune from Denji Sentai Megaranger, right down to its weakness being the lead Mook acting as its heart.
- Chapter 17: Yuki's Stardust Requiem is an ersatz of Death the Kid's Death Cannon.
- Chapter 21: Aprhodite: "I wonder who they are, kana, kana? I hope they're cute, cause then I can take them home with me!"
- Chapter 22: "SUB-ZERO WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY! FATALITY!"
#11: "Did you hear something? Sounded like a really loud ghost."#13: "Irrelevant. Let's proceed with the mission."
- Chapter 27: Yokoshima states the food oven in the Hive Queen works very much like the doomsday food machine from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
- Same chapter, after Yuji gets tried of watching Gebok's video files: "OK, no more of that. The Jason movies are better than this shit."
- Chapter 29: Kurumu and Fran were playing Split Second.
- Chapter 41: When told that Shinichi is a cyborg, Ageha wonders if he can turn into liquid metal.
- Chapter 44: Shinichi asks Bianca if he has to kneel and kiss Yuji's ring a la The Godfather.
- The Cyborg Youkai are called Mikura, a shout-out to Karas. This was even lampshaded by Riza in chapter 45's omake.
"By the way, didn't that series "Karas" have Cyborg Youkai too? Mikura, right? Why didn't the writers use that name?"
- Chapter 46: "Rolling Thunder", Yuji's finishing move during the Sports Fest Arc, is an ersatz of the Dempsey Roll that was frequently used by a certain Japanese boxer.
- Chapter 47: Yokoshima makes an "Over 9000!!!" reference at the climax of the Sports Fest. Daichi berates him for using such an overused joke.
- Also in the same chapter, Elle mentions her father marrying a Shirohebi, a Weresheep, a Fangire, an Alraune, an Orphenoch, a Tengu, and a Gargoyle. Except for the Fangire and Orphenoch, all the forementioned monsters came from the Monster Girl Encyclopedia. In fact, a lot of the new Youkai featured are taken from the encyclopedia.
- Chapter 50: The chapter title, "Trouble(d) Man", is a shout-out to a popular single that was used as the main theme of Darkstalkers, according to Talismo4ever in the post-chapter comment.
- Chapter 58: When the barrier hiding Yokai Academy starts to break...
Shiori: "You know, if this was Chicken Little, someone would be screaming..."Bystander: "OH MY GOD! THE SKY IS FALLING!"
- Chapter 61: The chapter title, "The Devils Went Down to the Academy", is both referring to Rias and Akeno and the song "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band.
- Chapter 62: When Kiko asks her elder sister Siria about her engagement...
- Chapter 65: Gebok: "Why so serious, boy?"
- "You have nothing! Nothing to threaten me with! Nothing to do with all your strength!"
- Chapter 66: Plenty here during the Jack-O-Lantern dance.
- Chapter 68: When Shinichi fights D: "I'll fight to protect those precious to me! That's my Rider Way!"
- Chapter 1: After Yuji fends off some GS mooks while drunk...
- Chapter 2: Michiru: "Call us 'Yuji's Angels.'"
- Chapter 7: Riza sings lyrics from a Judas Priest song at the beginning.
Yuji: "Judas Priest FTW. But nothing beats Disturbed."
- Prologue: "Game over, man! Game over!"
- Chapter 1 is titled "Beast Wars"
- Chapter 2: When Gebok leaves with an unconscious Shinichi...
- Chapter 3 is titled "'Till I Colllapse", after a song by Eminem.
- Chapter 4: Qiao's Spinning Bird Kick and Kikosho are from Street Fighter.
- Chapter 5: Fleaborg: "Argh! Da Flea cannot feel his spleen! Oh, wait, there it is. Right next to da Flea."
- Chapter 8: Reiri: "I hope you have enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your goddamned spine!"