Shout Out: Stuck
Stuck, as a result of being written by a media-overdosed teenage troper named Tre, has loads of references to other works he likes. Here are a few of 'em.
- Tre says "frak" as a way to curse without actually cursing.
- Also, when Nora and Tre are in the Möbler, they watch "The Iron Giant".
- Tre contemplates jumping off of a crane's edge.
- The doors that one can use as shortcuts in Tre's school are orange on one side and blue on the other.
- The Messenger originally was going to name themself Rebel.
- Todd is The Shadow... Todd in the Shadows. Coincidence?
- Cale looks like Jimmy Neutron with glasses, according to Nora.
- Grassy at one point asks a kid named Milton if he could borrow his stapler.
- When The Shadow reveals that he's Todd, Tre replies "Ingram, or Daring?"
- The plotline of Stuck at the Wheel vaguely resembles that of The Fugitive.
- "You might as well be walking on the sun." Remind you of anyone?
- When Tre finishes his Replay, the sequence following it partially resembles the scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows where Harry goes into limbo after dying.
- When the gang contemplates what to name the Challenger that eventually becomes The Dynamo, the names "Elaine" and "The Ecto-2" are bandied around.
Nora: We're fugitives, not the Ghostbusters.
- Lampshaded by Nora right after, too.
- Marceline Hughes shares a first name with a certain vampire queen, though it isn't made obvious because in most cases she's called Marcy.
- The name of the second act of Stuck at the Galleria is "The Duck Hunter", a reference to both Duck Hunt and Spy Hunter.
- "Bluh, bluh, bluh!"
- "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn and John is referenced at the beginning of Tagged, and Tre namedrops it, for that matter.
- Nora battles pink robots.
- The sequence in Episode One Act 3 where Nora drives a Civic through the mall has a few elements of the mall car chase in The Blues Brothers.
- Vampires in the books have an odd quirk in that after recieving injuries that would generally kill a human, they regenerate into a new person.
- Another one that started as an odd coincidence: By his third outing as a main character, Tre ends up having ridiculous hair, parkour skills and an affinity towards using a sword that isn't actually a real one. Same thing with Fancy Pants Man.
- Tre's middle name is Reginald.