As a Reference Overdosed Game Mod
, Paradox has a near uncountable list of Shout Outs
both major and minor, obvious and subtle. Here are some:
- The head of the Allied Paranormal Research Division is Dr. Alden Tate.
- The Delta Ranger has Metal Gear?!? right on his page, as well as a court case between Major Tom Zero and Iroquois Pliskin.
- The current Emperor has some of this. His given name is a reference to Shirow Masamune, his surname name to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and much of his characterization to Enders Game.
- The Izanagi Devastator Tank is apparently piloted by a young captain named Mokou, her Mission Control is named Keine, its most powerful weapon is the Fujiwara Cannon and the article has been published by Sukima Books. The unit itself is based on episode #2's super-tank in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
- The Breathable Liquid employed by the Empire is described in a similar way to LCL in Neon Genesis Evangelion and was created by Professor Madaraki and her assistant Veronica. It also improved deep-sea diving, a famous sport, in Japan.
- Masamune Drones owe their name and design to Shirow Masamune and Tachikoma respectively.
- Tsukumogami Proto-Suits are Protoman expies with a backstory as told by The Protomen. They wear Kamina shades. Their city of birth, so to say, is Roanapur.
- The Wave-Force Artillery uses a concept based on actual neutrino behaviour and uses Minofusuki particles to work.
- Yuriko is a... hovering homage to Mai, the Psychic Girl, Tetsuo and Lucy.
- The Order of the Talon with Warhammer 40,000 as a popular pool for these. Templar Lords for example owe their existance to Assault Space Marines and Melta Guns.
- Mingxia's character artwork has at least 8 subtle ones hidden and takes a lot of inspiration from Katara while Firework Mistresses take some from Toph.
- The Syndicate has RTS studios recast as weapons manufacturers, with such lovely names as such as Westwood Systems, Blizzard Microsystems, and Relic Aerospace.
- One of the TA points of the Railgun Turret is Nine Inch Nails while another is Accelerator. It's made by Mako Ballistics, Seattle.
- The resource the Electrical Protectorate use to build things is called Grist.
- The 7 AIs known so far are based on the Trolls.
- Exterminators are noted to be Daleks.
- The one leader the Blue Chinese have alive is kept alive by a machine, and whenever he dies, the machine pumps electricity through him. He also leads Blue China againest Red China, and made a direct quote from one of the comics by saying "I have seen the other side. There is nothing there. Nothing."
- The warring factions of Red and Blue China use hordes of clones and Diesel Punk Zombies.
- They also take a bit from the Death Korps of Krieg of Warhammer 40000, as both factions blasted their homes with Nuclear weapons and both prefer defensive warfare.
- One of International Inc's shareholders is a British/Japanese man named Zero who always wears a mask and another is a man named Adam who goes by Ocelot and wields two revolvers. They are said to dislike each other. As well, one of them is David Xanatos.
- The Cobra Gun Truck article uses the word "technical" a lot.
- Underneath the infobox at the top of the Red Guard page is a quote that reads "6 miles of ground has been won. Half a million men are gone. What's the price of a mile?".
- The Dolphin's Heroic upgrade is a Sonar Screwdriver.
- The Hot-Blooded ability is pretty standard. Then you get to the third level, which is called Hands Burning Red. Perhaps they tell the pilot to Grasp Victory?.
- The Chinese Jiang Shi is more or less The Hulk. Indeed, the origin of the Jiang Shi is an Whole Plot Reference to The Incredible Hulk minus the family part.
- The Imperial "Type-1 Carbine" is basically a Kinetic Burst XM8 all the way down to being too complicated and being meant for every role an rifle-caliber weapon could possibly used in.
- The Masakari Drone Commmand has a tactical descriptions like Attack of the Drones, Return of the Units, The Infantry Menace, and Revenge of the Carrier.