A list of Shout Outs in the Archie Comics Sonic The Hedgehog
- During the Knuckles solo comic run, Echidnapolis was routinely swarming with landspeeders.
- Early stories featuring Robo Robotnik (later to return as Dr. Eggman) and a "good" Robotnik (a kindly veterinarian in that universe, constantly being combated by evil Sonic and friends) were a pastiche on the DC Multiverse. The messenger from the alternate universe is a half-cyborg hedgehog in a biker jacket.
- One particular example is M, Robotnik's android "daughter." She's a sunglasses wearing android Made of Iron, who eventually gets her outer shell blown off to reveal a skeletal-looking body underneath. Now what does this remind you of? To add to it, there's the fact that she looks like a female version of Arnold.
- A supplemental piece of art for an earlier comic was also a homage to Disney's Aladdin.
- Eggman's rambling in STH 204 is likely a Shout Out to the hybrids in Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined).
- Think again,◊ Sugar-Queen!
- In issue #225, Eggman says, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
- In issue 172, Scourge tells Sonic that all it would take for Sonic to be like him is "one bad day".
- Sonic Universe #29 has Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al singing Scourge a song about how he should always look on the bright side of life. And later on in the issue, Scourge attempts to read a book called How Not To Be Seen.
- Two members of the Sand-Blasters are named "Tex" and "Avery".
- In #234 the newly-roboticised Sally asks Sonic where he was when the brains were handed out, a reference to the SatAm episode "Sonic's Nightmare" in which Sonic dreams Sally was roboticised and she says that to him.
- In memorium to Antonio Prohias, #127 includes a parody of Spy vs. Spy starring Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow.
- In #38, Sonic is humming the Sonic Sat AM theme, and wondering where he had heard it before.
- In #76, Sonic and Sally rescues three Mobians resembling three of the mains from Tenchi Muyo!. They show up again in #79, fawning over Elias.
- Sonic Universe #20, Dr. Fukurokov looks at his destroyed machine, muttering "...Inconceivable...inconceivable...inconceivable..." Tales replies "You keep saying that word. I don't think you know what it means.