- Nora is attracted to Ren, and the two have a very close friendship.
Nora: We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not "together-together"... Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?
- Pyrrha saves Jaune's life despite barely knowing him, and later becomes his mentor, unlocking his magical ability with a spoken vow and touch that seems vaguely romantic. Technically, this shows her compassionate nature, but you can see why people ship them. Also not helping matters is the fact that she actively seeks him out during the initiation to be his partner, despite having only spoken to him once before.
- They also have an instrumental theme that only plays when they're together, and "Shine" (Pyrrha's Image Song), about 30% of which is about Pyrrha singing about how happy she is to have Jaune in her life. For the developers to put such effort into establishing a mere 'friendship' is...suspicious.
- The episode "Extracurricular" confirms this: Pyrrha likes Jaune, and is visibly hurt when he goes after Weiss. For his part, although he considers Pyrrha attractive, Jaune doesn't see her that way.
- "Dance, Dance, Infiltration" is just dripping with shipping. Jaune finds out Neptune turned Weiss down, but before he can chew him out, he sees Pyrrha off by herself. She confides in him that he's the only person to ever treat her like an equal and that he's the kind of guy she'd like. Moments later, Neptune walks up, and he and Jaune have a heart-to-heart. We find out that Neptune turned Weiss down because he can't dance and is quite embarrassed by that. Jaune gives Neptune the same advice Pyrrha gave him, "Just Be Yourself." As Neptune goes off to talk to Weiss, Jaune says he has only one thing left to do. Moments later, we see Jaune walk back into the dance wearing a dress (like he said he would if she arrived without a date) and offering to dance with Pyrrha, which she gladly accepts. Blake and Sun can be seen dancing together, Ren and Nora apparently came to the dance together, and Ironwood manages to get a dance from Goodwitch.
- Ozpin and Glynda are nearly always seen together and constantly act like the students' 'parents'. In Episode 1, the glance between them resembles that of an old married couple. When the staff was asked by fans what their relationship really is, the staff joked that they "share a toothbrush" and avoided answering the question. Although Glynda appears constantly disgusted by Ironwood's persistent interest in her, she ends up politely dancing with him at the ball - but only after she first glances at Ozpin and he silently nods his permission to her.
- In volume 2, Neptune successfully flirted with Weiss note . Later, she tried to partner with him when their teams went on a mission.
- In "Breach", Coco's Establishing Character Moment involves slapping Fox on the butt.
- The creators also appear to have gone out of their way as of volume 2 to hint that Ruby may have a thing for Weiss, judging by her eagerly jumping into her partner's lap and burying her head into her neck, and later literally dragging Weiss away from Neptune when she finds out there might be something sparking between them so she can be alone with her.