Ship Tease: Comic Books
- The final page of the final story in Volume 5 of Empowered shows the scantily-clad eponymous character giving the likewise scantily-clad Sister Spooky a big hug. She also appears to be stroking Spooky's hair.
- Usagi Yojimbo has this with Usagi and Tomoe Ame. The fans have been requesting some romance with the pair for years, but Stan Sakai has only lightly teased them for as long until recently, right before he has Tomoe's Lord decide she should be married without bothering to ask if she wanted it in the first place.
- Nico and Karolina from Runaways, especially in the first issue after Terry Moore's run ended. After a game of "truth or dare" leads to Karolina stealing a magic staff from a bunch of white supremacists. Nico tells her "You pretty much always amaze me," with the two of them staring at each other. When pressed on whether Karolina, Victor or Chase is the better kisser, she eventually snaps and admits "Karolina". This is despite the fact that they never actually got beyond Almost Kiss...as far as we know. Oh, and it ends with her chiding the boys for being "such 'phobes" while she and K have Intertwined Fingers.
- Runaways and Young Avengers both do this pretty often, but their Civil War crossover really went crazy with it. Tommy calls Nico hot, Nico calls Eli cute, and Victor calls Cassie an angel after she saves his life(he didn't think people actually did that). On top of that, the Tommy/Kate/Eli love triangle and the Vision's crush on Cassie are more apparent than ever.
- The title character and Michelle in Cerebus the Aardvark. They get along reasonably well, and there are mild implications that something intimate may have happened, but nothing comes of it and they eventually part on cool-but-not-completely-unfriendly terms.
- Demon Knights has been doing this relentlessly with Exoristos and Shining Knight.
- Not even going over the amount of Ho Yay in Sam And Max, the titular duo is constantly a: being "mistaken" for a couple, or b: having a character trying to get them dating, or c: being told that they are destined to be together.
- In Batgirl 2009, Damian comments that he was "really hoping to meet Cassandra. She sounds wonderful." Steph immediately worries what will happen when Damian hits puberty. (One wonders if the writer remembered that Damian and Cassandra are technically siblings.)
- In a Streets of Gotham, Damian asks Dick if Katana is seeing anyone. When Dick points out that Katana is a grown woman while Damian is only a child, he shrugs it off.
- In My Little Pony Micro Series Issue #3 Rarity brought a picture of Spike with her to sleep with... and of Applejack as well.
- Leading to this interesting Twitter conversation with Price and Cook, unaware of the fandom's fascination with shipping.
- The Nightmare Arc might as well be called "Secret of My Excess, Part 2" for all the Spike X Rarity moments. For one thing, Spike brings the Fire Ruby, plus Spike is one of the only two characters who could cause a reaction on Nightmare Rarity (the other is Sweetie Belle) and it's Spike who delivers the final line that releases Rarity from the Nightmare's grip. The last panel of the arc's final page also speaks volumes.
- In Issue 9, Big Macintosh practically has to fend off all of his female admirers— Sweetcream Scoops (who has been stalking him for several issues), Bon Bon, Fleetfoot (who gets an entire splash page and an alternate cover featuring her marriage fantasy about him), and even Princess Luna practically throw themselves at him. Zecora also follows him around, although if she's actually interested in him, she's at least more subtle about it than the other girls.
- Kick-Ass: For better or for worse, a lot of the scenes between Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl are framed from an odd angle where it looks like one is kissing the other (the dialogue bubbles dispel the notion, but the imagery is there), in addition to the two being about as close as anyone in the comic can be. The very large age difference may put it into No Yay territory, but Hit-Girl being both more mature and more experienced may not, so it's a YMMV/perception thing.
- In Paperinik New Adventures, despite Donald Duck supposedly being in a relationship with Daisy (not that she ever appears) but he has several seemingly romantic moments with Xadhoom and Lyla. In the sequel Pk2, he has this with co-worker Tempest Gale.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.