is a Canadian live-action TV series that involves an unruffled angel
in training named Porter, who is assigned to Carl Montclaire in an effort to get his angel wings as a "full angel".
Three seasons were made, starting on April 3, 2010 and ending on May 25, 2013.
Wingin' It provides examples of:
- Almost Kiss: In "I Carlie" while in there gender bent forms, Carl and Denise lean into a kiss before the spell wears off and they both return to normal.
- Alpha Bitch: Brittany, minus the posse, and bitching downplayed. Gone in Season 2 onward.
- Our Angels Are Different: AITs.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: I Carlie episode.
- Character Development: Serge, Dennis, Brittany.
- Series Resemblance: Every episode, the Five-Man Band get into problems due to Angel Magic, while an unrelated subplot goes in, which doesn't involve Angel Magic. I've heard that somewhere before...
- Huge Girl Tiny Guy: In "I Carlie" this happens, as "Carlie" is taller than "Denny"
- Idiot Ball: Serge, from Season 2 onward.
- Interspecies Romance: Between Denise and Carl.
- Jerk Jock: Serge in Season 1.
- Deadpan Snarker: Carl. Porter and Denise have their moments too.
- Distaff Counterpart: Denise.
- First Law of Gender Bending: In "I, Carlie", Denise agrees that Carl, now Carlie, has learned her lesson, and agrees to turn her back into Carl, but finds she can't. The AIT handbook explains that he cannot go back to being a boy until he truly understands girls.
- Five-Man Band: After Season 2 and later even more in Season 3, the humans form one, although they take even longer than the cast from Bleach.
- Flanderization: Serge went from Jerk Jock to holder of the Idiot Ball, so this worked both ways.
- Gender Bender: "I, Carlie"
- Hot Scoop: Jane
- Locked Out of the Loop: Everyone but Jane.
- Only So Many Canadian Actors: Demetrius Joyette (Porter) and Dylan Everett (Carl) both joined the cast of Degrassi at the same time along with writer Ramona Barckert. The guys are in roles that have them in much Darker and Edgier scenes together a lot.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Alex
- Running Gag: Malone doesn't have a car.
- Shout-Out: I Carlie, She Blinded Me with Science, Lucy in the Sky With Carl, Alex in Slumberland...
- Signature Tropes: Alex and Chantecler Chickens.
Alex: The Chantecler chicken is Canada's only breed of chicken. It's a dual-purpose bird. That means it's raised for it's eggs, and to eat.
Carl: Enough with the Chantecler Chickens!
- Spiritual Successor: To Teen Angel.
- Third-Person Person: Serge would like you to know that Serge talks like this.
- Unfazed Everyman: Carl
- Valley Girl: Brittany. Lampshaded by Denise, who turns into Brittany and inserts "LOL" and "WHATEVS" into her sentences.