Series: We Are Klang
A surreal anarchic BBC sitcom about three employees of Klangbury Council, Deputy Mayor Greg, Health and Safety Steve and Minister without Portfolio Marek.
- All Just a Dream: Alien. Apparently.
- Aside Glance: Several times to emphasize a bad joke.
- Broke Episode: The episode "Fire;" where after the fire brigade is disbanded, the city's coffers are revealed to be £1.
- Comic Trio
- Corpsing: Greg is a frequent offender
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: The Mayor.
- Fun with Acronyms: After outlining their party's vision in Election, the group realise Be Nice to People Party is too long a name and shorten the slogan to 'Vote for the BNP!' The black gospel singers accompanying them aren't so happy. It's followed by a half-comedic disclaimer that the show doesn't have political opinions.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Marek
- Large Ham: Nearly everybody. Special mention to Ainsley Harriot.
- Lecherous Licking: Greg to Marek
- Mind Screw: Alien.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Marek is obviously playing Boris Johnson in the first episode when asked about the upcoming mayor election.Muh muh muh mayor? The may-Orr? Mayor?
- Once an Episode: Marek opens his desk tipping everything on top onto the floor.
- Portmantitle: Recurring character Derren Chillblaine's magic act is a parody of both Derren Brown and David Blaine.
- The Ditz: Marek.
- Special Guest: Ainsley Harriott plays himself in Election, while the main characters are named after their actors.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Invoked in Greg
- Studio Audience: Or Department of Audience, often referenced by the characters.
- Referenced? One of the characters goes into the audience at one point and asks people why they won't be his friend.
- Talking To Themselves: Seeing as it has a regular cast of 3 most other characters are played by the initial authors.
- Ultimate Authority Mayor: The Mayor wants to be.