An Edutainment Show
about a lively professor who teaches his sister's students about the wonders of his house and learn about science and morals about The Bible
(don't worry, it's not as mind boggling as Bibleman
Each episode starts with Jonathan remembering the day he rescued his sister when they were preteens in India. It then gets interrupted when his sister tells him that her students are visiting his place.
There are various segments that teach kids about science and social studies.Professor Proof and Skeeto
These segments feature a scientist and his lab partner, Skeeto, who teach children about interesting science facts (e.g., gravity, mold, and plant growth)Health Beat
These news segments feature newscasters telling health and safety (eg. drinking plenty of water, do an hour of exercise, how to deal with cuts)Where is Professor Louie?
Somewhat similar to Carmen Sandiego. Professor Louie tells the viewers hints of where he visited today.
Once those segments are done, Jonathan Singh tells the children the time he rescued his sister. The flashback continues off from the prologue where young Jonathan rescuing his sister from a ferocious tiger and they hid under a cave, where a treasure is hidden. The two siblings discovered a book of marvelous adventures, and this takes us to...Winds of Adventure!
This is the main segment of the series.The series starts a teenager named Jarrod who has to rescue his friend Isabel from a group of nasty pirates. He and Professor Louie rescues her, but their hot air balloon gets zapped by lighting, which takes them into another world. The heroes meet the race of the new world, the tomarlings where they're being lead by Prince Rohanor. Their mission is take back the kingdom from King Halgor.
The series can be watched either on Smile of a Child or on TBN's official website.
- Awesome, but Impractical: In one episode, a leaf was stuck on Calc's eyebrow and he can't get it off. Spigot told me he had an idea, by blowing steam into a contraption. However, Calc doubts it'll work. Fortunately, it works at the end.
- Big Bad: King Halgor in Winds of Adventure.
- Big "NO!": When Halgor's kingdom falls into pieces after Rohanor's army defeated his army of rock robots
- Butt Monkey: Bufford gets this a lot in the early episodes. Calc and Skeeto often becomes one in certain episodes.
- Characterization Marches On: In the early episodes, Jarrod was reckless and was a bit of a showoff. He turns into the hero that would later rescue Isabel and help Rohanor to gain back his kingdom.
- Cliff Hanger: This is used in "Winds of Adventure" when the show's about to end. The episode after that will recap what happened previously.
- The Danza: The children: Anna Rossignoli, Peter Turner, and Ashley Hawks.
- Evil Counterpart: The Peace Wind to the Dark Wind. To compare, the Dark Wind is bigger and has weapons compared to the Peace Wind.
- Fear of Thunder: Spigot had this in Episode 3. He later overcomes it at the end.
- The Generic Guy: Poor Ashley...
- Harsher in Hindsight: In the last episode, the kids and Dr. Singh were discussing about the threat of black rhinos from being endangered. We all know what happened later...
- Heel-Face Turn: Many of Halgor's followers left him to become part of Rohanor's side. Bufford counts as well after Isabel tells him about the works of God.
- I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: In one segment, Professor Proof tells Skeeto to try out the blue eggs, orange ham, and green juice. Skeeto detests this, but ultimately tries it and it's not that bad. Proof later shows him that it was a test to see how the mind can play tricks on yourself
- Missing Mom: Isabel's mother died prior to the beginning of the series.
- No Mouth: Played for Laughs in Health Beat. While they have mouths, they're pretty much covered by the big microphones.
- No Sympathy: King Halgor. The pirates can also count due to their greediness.
- Odd Couple: Calc and Spigot
- Pride: There was an episode where they teach that having too much pride can lead to destruction.
- Puppet Show: Pretty much half of this show has a usage of puppets, from Calc & Spigot, to the Winds of Adventure stories.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Prince Rohanor and King Halgor.
- Spanner in the Works: If it hadn't been for Bufford asking the pirates to kidnap Isabel, Jarrod and Louie wouldn't met, and they wouldn't went to Tolhmar and help Rohanor.
- Science Cannot Comprehend Phlebotinum: In one episode, Calc speculates that the weather later in the day will be bad, but Spigot disagrees that it'll be sunny. They kept aurgring until Dr. Singh confirms that the weather will be nice since he already knew the forecast.
- Sky Pirate
- Story Arc: Outside of the Winds of Adventure segments, their was a story arc in the last few episodes where Spigot was taking care of some ants until they left.
- What Happenedtothemouse: It was unknown what happened to the pirates after their balloon ship got deflated.
- What the Hell, Hero?: At the end of episode 12 and the beginning of the next episode, Jarrod leaves Bufford behind in the prison of King Halgor and even Isabel wasn't pleased about this. They eventuality decided to return to Tolhmar to rescue Bufford and help Prince Rohanor.