An epic Chinese series series based on, of course, the life of Bruce Lee, starting with his dancing days as a mouthy teenager, and going ALL the way through his first learning kung fu, rise to stardom, and eventual tragic death. The series is shot to evoke Lee's most famous films, turning his life into one long, LONG, action movie.For American readers, it is now available on Hulu.
This work contains examples of:
- A God Am I: After Bruce chases of some racketeers, the local store owners start calling him their "god of protection." He doesn't mind.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Young Bruce, even before he learned how to fight. Seriously, he's kind of a jerk.
- Also Yellow Runt.
- Bewarethe Nice Ones: In public, Wang Li-Chao is terribly polite and generous. He's still a dangerous gangster, though.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Michael Jai White shows up as random boxer, and later get a named character in Ali. Mark Dacascos is a random Thai boxer, and Ray Park is motherfucking Chuck Norris!
- Kick the Dog: A-Liang. Kinda makes ya feel sorry for the bastard.
- Yellow Runt, specifically the part where it's revealed people only call him Yellow Runt. And then he gets traded!
- Uncle Tomfoolery: Bruce's Black Best Friend Jesse, the thieving coward.