Series: The Green Green Grass
A Spin-Off of Only Fools and Horses, which ran from 2005 until 2009.Boycie, his wife, Marlene, and their son have to flee London to escape from the Driscoll Brothers. Boycie buys a farm, staffed by four useless employees.
Green Green Tropes:
- Britain Is Only London: Averted; this is set in Shropshire.
- British Accents
- British Education System
- Character Development: Mild example, but given Boycie was largely designed as Shadow Archetype and Smug Snake rival for Del Boy in Only Fools And Horses, his turn in center spotlight required more focus on his own pathos and slicker qualities.
- Embarrassing First Name: Boycie's is Aubrey.
- London Gangster: The Driscoll brothers.
- Nightmare Sequence: Happens in "Bothered and Bewildered", when Boycie has a nightmare after thinking that Mrs. Cakeworthy cursed him.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: It's implied several times in the series that the farmhands (or at least Elgin) aren't really anywhere near as stupid as they like Boycie to think they are.
- Public Exposure: "Calendar Boys".
- Shoot Out the Lock: Played for Laughs when the Driscolls use AK-47s to destroy an entire door—except for the lock.