- Alpha Bitch: Alex's sister, Zoey, takes the prize.
- In season 2, Veronica takes over the role.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Alex relinquishes the throne for about 3 episodes before taking it back in the season finale
- Badass Princess: Alex pretty much qualifies for this, especially in her fight against Diva in the first season's final episode
- Canada Does Not Exist: A weird, Australian version. The school the kids go is possibly in Australia, but unlikely. The lack of school uniforms (extremely unusual in Australia) compounded with the unbiquitous use of lockers (which are not as widespread Down Under) and the time spent hanging around them, evokes the schools of basically any North American kids' show ever made, rather than an Aussie place of education.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Alex
- Cloud Cuckoolander: JB can be this at timesJB: Alex, this decision determines your future. Get it right and he's yours forever, get it wrong and-
Alex: What are you talking about? Just tell me what he would want.
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Frothy Mugs of Water: In the second season, Alex and her friends get a gig playing at a club which apparently serves nothing but juice.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Liam Hemsworth guest-stars as Marcus in the first season.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Alex isn't always thrilled about finding out she's a princess
- Loyal Animal Companion: Anala to Alex
- Magical Land: Manjipoor
- Princesses Rule
- Put on a Bus: The only characters from season 1 that appear in season 2 are Alex, Amanda, Kuru, Anala and Diva. Justified at least in part by the fact that Alex has moved to a different city to start university (and also not surprising given that three years elapsed between the seasons in real life).
- Rebellious Princess: Alex
- Rightful King Returns: The plot involves restoring Alex to her place on the throne
- Shapeshifting: Alex's magic allows her to do this
- And Diva also uses this to trick Omar into telling her where the royal crown is hidden by taking on Alex's form